Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ride'n Dirty
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cleaning my bike today where I was also working on my rear break I noticed while inspecting my rear wheel a broken spoke. Not sure how long this has been broken, I rode last Thursday but am not sure if it was broken then or not?

As for my question: Is it safe to continue riding on the bike with the one broken spoke? I really cant afford to be without the bike as I want to ride the bike two more times this week. I have a ride planned for this Tuesday and maybe another more casual ride.

After Tuesday I will be able to bring it into the shop.

·
Ride'n Dirty
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the one spoke on the back wheel. I worry about making the wheel go out from being true & or breaking other spokes as a result of the one now being broke but I REALLY want to ride this Tuesday :-(

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
Just buy a spoke - I wouldn't ride it if possible.

This is what I was confused about:
"I was also working on my rear break I noticed while inspecting my rear wheel a broken spoke"

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
The better option is to stay off the bike til you can get it fixed, there's a good chance you'll knock the wheel out of true or even taco it with a spoke missing.

·
i also unicycle
2,043 Posts
being down a spoke didn't make the wheel significantly out of true? that seems weird. don't ride it if you can avoid it. many shop will fix that kinda thing overnight. call and ask.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts