Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Specialized Epic Evo with SLX brakes.
I crashed and sheared the brake lever away from the mount where it was attached via a pressed pin.
I believe it is the I-spec EV mount.

It appears that there is no way to replace the mount, so I'll need to get a new lever.

Is this correct? It looks like the pin could be drifted out, allowing placement of a new mount...if I could find a new mount.

I don't mind getting a new lever, but I don't think there are any available...so my bike is unrideable!

Any advice?

Many thanks,
Bob
Bicycle part Auto part Tool Font Metal

·
Registered
213 Posts
Unfortunately Shimano doesn't make it easy to repair their brakes, it is almost impossible to source spare parts.
If you don't find a SLX lever you can replace it by a Deore, XT or XTR they are all interchangeables.
I broke a ceramic piston in my SLX the other day no way to find a spare and the only caliber I found was a XT at that time, it works fine, just a little bit OCD for me to have a different front and rear

·
Registered
233 Posts
Unfortunately Shimano doesn't make it easy to repair their brakes, it is almost impossible to source spare parts.
If you don't find a SLX lever you can replace it by a Deore, XT or XTR they are all interchangeables.
I broke a ceramic piston in my SLX the other day no way to find a spare and the only caliber I found was a XT at that time, it works fine, just a little bit OCD for me to have a different front and rear
Same thing happened to me. Now i have SLX levers with an XT front and SLX rear caliper. LOL

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.
I was scanning online to see if I could find a replacement brake lever but the only thing I've been able to find is a lever and caliper combo which kind of sucks because it is a LOT more expensive.

Also, do the 4-pot calipers require a specific lever?

Bob

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
It may not be the same thing, or work for you, but I used a SRAM brake lever clamp to mount my Shimano I-SPEC EV Dropper Lever. It works well and didn't need any modifications. You might find it woks for brakes too, and the clamps are cheap

This provides lots of details on doing the same thing with a Shimano shifter, although he had had to modify the clamp slightly, which I didn't need to do: Mount Shimano I-SPEC EV shifter using SRAM brake lever...

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.