Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so, my 140mm 2008 fox float r (ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/010/eng/Content/Forks/32MM/FLOAT_R_fork.html)
has a non working rebound adjustment, and is stuck at the slowest rebound setting, which feels pretty bad.

I took it to my lbs and they did a service, new seals, oil, etc, but couldn't do anything about the rebound. My question is does anyone know how to either fix it, or a way in which I can adjust internally to at least by faster then before? Or a new damper I can buy (probably unlikely given the age)? Or even splicing together parts from different forks? Just want a cheapish solution to not having the fork stuck in the slowest rebound setting.

Thanks

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
So the adjuster is stuck? As opposed to being able to turn it bu tthe rebound doesnt change.

You should be able to disassemble the rebound rod and release the stuck parts. Maybe find a dedicated suspension centre to do the work

·
Registered
18 Posts
depending on where the adjuster is/ how it's engineered, you could be able to bodge something to at least keep the rebound at a medium setting?
(i did that with an old manitou swinger shock, rebound needle stuck fully in [slow], and the adjuster had snapped... drilled a couple holes and stuck a bolt in haha)

but as @Rick Draper says, it sounds exactly like a problem with the rebound needle... if you're lucky, it's only stucky (sounds like it is stuck at the top end)... time to dismantle :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.