Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the rear pivots on my Mongoose teocali elite 2007 broke and I need to replace it. Unfortunately the part is on back order (until 6/29 which means who knows) at Mongoose. I was wandering if I could go somewhere else to get this part because I would like to ride my bike this summer. Any help on locating this part would be greatly appreciated. Also any other options on fixing it would be appreciated. Also if anyone knows if this is a common thing to happen on this bike let me know.

Thanks

Just to clarify, The bolt broke from the bearing it was welded to on the one side. The other part threads over top of the end that broke off to form the actual bolt that forms the pivot, hope that is specific enough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
broken rear pivot

It is not the black part on the bottom that connects the swing arm it is the actual pivot bolt. Someone on another forum suggested that it is just a bolt and is not welded to the bearing. He felt I could get the bolt at any hardware store and it may be better than the original. Does anyone here know if this is true? Should I post this in another area to get an answer. I am really wanting to get back on my bike again, been down since mid-may and summers are short in Ohio.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyways I did look closer and the part that broke is the one of the metal sheaths on the side that thread over the bolt to make the actual pivot, it looked welded to the bearing mechanism because part of the sheath was stuck in the bearing. I can't get anymore specific than that so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.