Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had the worst of luck here lately. I buy about $1000 in parts and upgrade my whole drivetrain, brakes, wheels. So when my mechanic calls me to tell me the parts are on he also tells me I have a crack in my frame. Great.....I put off warrantee'n the frame cuz it was a couple small, manfacture flaws (as opposed to stress fractures) and I wanted to keep riding my bike. Well finally I go ahead and warantee the frame (cuz i crashed really, really hard and I knew I wasnt gonna be riding anytime soon cuz my shoulder was uber fooked. Anyhow, My new frame actually comes into the shop in like 12 days. I was impressed. Rebuild the bike and ride it a bit, maybe have 15-20 as of now. So I am cleaning my bike to put it on my new roof rack (which I just got yesterday) and go riding. I notice the swingarm, at the joint where the shock mounts and begins to Y out...there is a HUGE crack. I'd estimate 40% around the whole tube was cracked. So I took it into the shop today.....I hope it comes quick....:skep: :madman:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If this one breaks they are gonna have to give me a prophet or gemini. I think I am just too big & strong for this bike.....even though they never said that when I bought it of course. At 6'5" 250 I guess you could say I am not the average rider....but damn, when you spend 3 grand you would hope the damn thing won't break!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
we are the same size.

bossk said:
If this one breaks they are gonna have to give me a prophet or gemini. I think I am just too big & strong for this bike.....even though they never said that when I bought it of course. At 6'5" 250 I guess you could say I am not the average rider....but damn, when you spend 3 grand you would hope the damn thing won't break![/QUOTE

These things are going to happen to many frames under the stresses we put them under. No biggie, it is just a bummer the parts were not dead at the same time.

My Jekyll went 3 years before cracking at the st/tt point. Warranteed. I went to a Gemini 1000 (Lefty model) and am very pleased.

Get the prophet 4x if you have a choice. same geometry, with a burly gusset up front and a thru-12 swingarm for us big guys.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damion said:
These things are going to happen to many frames under the stresses we put them under. No biggie, it is just a bummer the parts were not dead at the same time.

My Jekyll went 3 years before cracking at the st/tt point. Warranteed. I went to a Gemini 1000 (Lefty model) and am very pleased.

Get the prophet 4x if you have a choice. same geometry, with a burly gusset up front and a thru-12 swingarm for us big guys.
How did you go about getting to them to give you a prophet? They never gave me the option, only asked what color I wanted. Then they sent me a different color! bah....

Anyhow, my swingarm should be in within a week or so.....so I'm getting ready to get my parts off....any tips on the swingarm removal from anyone out there? Anything to lookout for on installation.....?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.