Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question guys. got a broken hayes 9 (snapped hose).

definitely need a new hose as mine will now be too short to fit my bike.
i work at a bike shop, but only have the ability to order shimano and avid brakes and parts.

so my question is...
can you replace an avid or shimano hose with hayes fittings? i have the ability to order hayes fittings through goodridge, but i cannot order a complete hayes hose from them. so is it possible to order an avid or shimano hose, cut off their fittings and use hayes fittings i buy on the avid or shimano hose?

thank you

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
ironhorse66 said:
no i work at sport chek. we can only order through cycleslambert, who only carries avid and shimano. anyone have an answer to my question
Well gollygeewilikerz when you said you worked at a bike shop I assumed a LBS, duuu that was lame of me.:madman: Crimeny the Shimano is a larger ID the Avid seems to be very close. Try this the Avid barb is 2.30mm OD the Hayes barb is 2.68mm OD. :rockon:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well i got a stainless shimano hose ordered so i guess i will figure out when it gets here. im more wondering whether the fittings will go more than i am wondering the hose size

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.