Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
D-ville Rider said:
The forks are Manitou Stance Flow's, and the lowers are cracked right by the bolts
Pick up a used Marzocchi Jr T or Super T: either should fit a budget and be way safer and and more fun to ride than the Stance. Those forks are...challenged.

·
Thunder Chunky
1,752 Posts
Karupshun said:
He bought it used, so no warranty
yeah but manitou cs has always found a way to help me out even if I bought it used. Give them a call and see what they say, they are super nice people there :thumbsup:
888-686-3472 should be the number you need, they will probably answer as hayes but its the samething ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Karupshun said:
He bought it used, so no warranty

If the lowers are cracked, there is nothing that can be done, and they must be replaced.

When you bought the frame, was the seller upfront about the cracked lowers?
Yea he was pretty up front, but I knew this was the best bike for my price budget and beginnerness

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
You can probably purchase new lowers from Manitou for a resonable cost. Also, I'd like to see pictures. The pinch bolts are set up so the part they thread into can easily be replaced if you overtighten it.

The stance is a challenged fork. It will work okay but plan on putting some money into it to convert it to semi bath and upgrade the seals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.