Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...
Ive got an 08 Trance Advanced- had it for about 2 months...maybe 15 rides in so far- Just got back in from a short ride before work and one of my pivot bolts broke on one end of one bolt :skep: - Its the middle bolt in the maestro out of the four...the bolt that runs through the downtube- I didnt notice it till I got back to my house...at first I thought I had blown my rear shock but not the case- I know it happened in the last mile or so back to my house on paved road because I was messing with my chain on the trail and didnt notice it at all...I would have noticed this seeing as how when I pick up the bike by the seatpost theres about 1/4 inch of slack before the back tire comes up- I called my LBS and she said this was a maintenance issue...not a warranty issue- I did however notice some metal shavings stuck to the end of the pivot bolt where it broke- Not like it was coated in shavings but it was very noticeable- How bad is this??? Should I carry extra pivot bolts with me on rides- If this had happened further out and I had noticed theres no way I would have put any weight on it to get it back to the house! Seems like such a short time...so few rides for such a sweet ride to start wearing down-
By the way, the thing rides beautifully- Besides this I have not had a single issue (2 months I would really hope not anyways)- Any advice really appreaciated-

·
Registered
33 Posts
Trance X3 - broken 2 bolts

Hello!
I have trance X3. Similary to You, after about 2 moths after purchase when I was going down, I've noticed that there is something wrong with rear suspension. I've looked closer and saw that there is to much space between Fox's top whole and bolt (i twas 'wobbling'). The bolt was broken :/ My lbs servcice changed it realy fast, but that did not helped. I was tightening bolt every time I saw it's shaking a little. This morning i tightened it one more time, then i've heard 'crack' .... 2nd broken bolt :/ Now bike is in LBS. :( If it happen one more time i'll consider switch to hardtail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.