Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks like the owner is ok, so thats good.

Must say I really hate it when photos like this get out on the web with zero info to back it up. It's like when Danice's Trek broke...the e-crowds just ran with it.....it was a massive crash and ya the frame broke, but so did the fork and a few other things.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Aside from the pure shock value of this photo, we need to look into this and see what the story is behind it. This is the first time that I have seen this photo, and I would like contact with the owner of this frame or their shop. What ever the cause of this failure was, I hope that the rider was no seriously injured. If you are out there, please call or email us.

Chad

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes that's definitely the end of the national DH. That 40 foot double would not be forgiving if you come up short!

Maybe the frame had previous fatigues. That would be about the spot the frame rests on a tailgate for shuttles (possible denting).

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just wanted to let everyone know that this customer had a unfortunate crash of a large magnitude at the end of national DH course in his area. We are working with our distributor in New Zealand to get this customer sorted out. The customer has been great, and is looking forward to getting back on a 951.

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
Chad, you rock! Glad you guys are on it! I'd like to hear his story as well!

IntensevCare said:
I just wanted to let everyone know that this customer had a unfortunate crash of a large magnitude at the end of national DH course in his area. We are working with our distributor in New Zealand to get this customer sorted out. The customer has been great, and is looking forward to getting back on a 951.

1 - 20 of 332 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.