Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and Easton wants $700 to fix.

Any other ideas of where to buy the rim only and do lace it myself??

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Over (2) years old I presume since they have a (2) year, "no questions asked" warranty? I loved my Easton wheels and when I did have hub issues, they wee taken care of w/o any issues.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
yeah, I have a few sets of those and like them.

I don't believe they will lace up to the easton spokes or will they??
I'm not sure how you calc straight pull spoke lengths, but if you can find that out (post it up if do) the build should be pretty straight fwd.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
and Easton wants $700 to fix.

Any other ideas of where to buy the rim only and do lace it myself??
Jenson are selling complete wheels for $525, 29ers included.

Or LB rims 24 hole and new spokes.

As far as I know Easton don't sell rims aftermarket.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
I'm not sure how you calc straight pull spoke lengths, but if you can find that out (post it up if do) the build should be pretty straight fwd.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
... or work from the other angle and get a rim with the same ERD and re-use the spokes.

I have a Mavic Kyserium Askium (sp?) wheelset I got for a nickel at a swap meet because the rear rim was cracked. I only really needed the front, so if I pitch the rear in the trash I'm still coming out ahead. I wouldn't mind replacing the rear hoop with a traditional hoop if I can do it cheaply enough. Mavic wants like $200 to do it.... not worth it at that price. I figure if I can get a rim of the same spoke count and ERD, I would only need compatible nipples with the straight head bladed spokes.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
apparently, 48psi is a touch too much!
More detail please? Too much air pressure? Sorry, I'm ignorant when it comes to carbon rims. I read the easton warranty page and I saw nothing about that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts