Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Joker Ellsworth, 2001 model. I was on a small dirt jump 2ft or so and I broke the swing arm! It broke about 2inches above the bushing were it connects to the frame. I don't have much $$$$ to work with I'm thinking for getting a hard tail frame for trail riding and some light DH. Could this problem be welded or is that unsafe? I've emailed Elllworth to see what they chould do for me. I need to RIDE!!!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
First off...

flynnstone_45 said:
I have a Joker Ellsworth, 2001 model. I was on a small dirt jump 2ft or so and I broke the swing arm! It broke about 2inches above the bushing were it connects to the frame. I don't have much $$$$ to work with I'm thinking for getting a hard tail frame for trail riding and some light DH. Could this problem be welded or is that unsafe? I've emailed Elllworth to see what they chould do for me. I need to RIDE!!!
CALL Ellsworth. E-mailing is for those who have years and years of patience. If they're worth their word they'll just send you a new rear triangle/swingarm. If not then once again they earn the nickname Ellsworthless. Luck.

·
White Knuckle Riders
13 Posts
Warranty

This was a common problwm with the pre 2002 Joker and Isis frames. I had mine break too. You'll need to call them. They are now implementing a new policy where they will only deal with shops, but maybe they'll still deal with you. The Ellsworth frames come with a lifetime warranty, so I'd press em' for a new swingarm.

·
inner peace to make peace
2,305 Posts
Kona Explosif frame $420

just in case Ellsworth does not stand behind thier product: steel hardtail (Kona Explosif frame $420) or Ventana El Saltomontes ($1900+!) coil fs frame if you need a fs with tough rear triangle...Moots uses Ventana's rear on thier Cinco.

i'd day best solution is to have two bikes: a steel hardtail frame/bike for xc race/trail and a Kona Coiler 6"/6" bike $1600 for all mountian/freeride

·
Registered
981 Posts
If Ellsworth doesn't offer a good course of action, there are some pretty beefy frames out there for cheap. Wheel World has the KHS FR2000 frame w/ a Romic for $300. They are also selling a Kona Stinky frame for around $600.

Cambria and Greenfish are clearing out old Mountain Cycle San Andreas frames too. If you buy from Cambria, ask them about the warranty on the San Andreas. Cambria was clearing out some Ellsworth Joker XC frames that had no warranty. So always ask them when considering a clearance frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.