Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just bought some lightly used takeoff wheels with DT Swiss 350 hubs (I know, about the used wheels, so give me as little crap about it as possible!) and on a group ride my entire rear rotor popped off, as in all 6 bolts were MIA.

At some point one of the bolt housings on the hub became chipped and is not going to hold a bold nice and safely. Can I buy this piece for the hub, or the entire housing or am I best off just buying the same hub and hopefully salvaging the rim (it's a asym i23 29er)? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I think that I'm visualizing this correctly, but a picture would help.
You may be able to source just the hub "shell" as that will be the closest to "just the piece of the hub" that I can think of. Again, pictures would help.
Nothing wrong with buying a used wheelset, each and every one of my bikes has them. It just is a little gamble, and knowing that you'll need to inspect/repair each one before really riding them hard.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I’ll attach a picture if it will allow me to. I should have updated this because DT Swiss sent me a new hub for $110 shipped. I thought that was more than fair considering I wasn’t the original owner and it was user error that caused the damage. Now I’ll use the ratchet to upgrade another set of 3-pawl DT hubs I have.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.