Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
So it goes.....
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the climb from Kings Beach up to Brockway summit?

The bike and backcountry shops in Tahoe City no longer run shuttles to the start of the TRT at Brockway. This weekend, Quercus and myself would like to ride this section of the TRT and we cannot shuttle it ourselves. The guy at the bike shop suggested taking the bus from TC to Kings Beach then just peddaling up to the start at Brockway summit. Since I have never done this ride before was curious about how long and how hard the climb is up to the summit. Seems like a bus runs every 30 minutes or so to Kings Beach and its just a $1.50. Seems like a cheap shuttle to me :D.

We are looking for a ride around the Tahoe basin near the North shore that we can do that doesn't require a shuttle since its just the 2 of us.

Man this would be so much easier if HITG was snow free.....

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Years ago, I did this ride by driving to Brockway, riding to Tahoe City and hiring a cab to take us back up to Brockway. It worked out very well. That year, there was only one cab company that could do this, so you may have to call around. Sorry I cannot remember the name of the company... maybe Tahoe City Cab?

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
15 minutes with a big shoulder to ride in.

It's nothing.

The ride from tahoe city is short too. Just ride from there.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I've looped it a few times climbing fireroads instead of the highway, don't have a map handy but somewere around Tahoe Vista I think you ride up a residential road which will get you to a fire road that connects you back into the TRT like a 1/2 mile from the starting point off 267.

Always just followed my instincts on which way to go and have always found my way without a problem. I'd be hard pressed to give exact directions though. Like Kidwoo says, the highway is no big deal to ride up if your not up for a little adventure and route finding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.