Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
STRAVA!!!!!!
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Broadmoor confirms that the deal to buy Seven Falls, one of the area's top tourist attractions, includes a surrounding canyon and 1,300 acres of adjacent land. Broadmoor president Steve Bartolin declined to close the sale price.

Oh Boy! The 1300 acres of adjacent land is what concerns me......? Whats next??

·
STRAVA!!!!!!
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was reading that today. I wonder what the "plan" is
Big props to you and the "April or bust"! I look forward every night to reading your posts! Keep it up man and if your ever down here in the Springs I would love to do an April or bust ride with you.
Yeah, kinda scary with this Broadmoor thing. They have three big golf courses and they need water, I think that's the ulterior motive.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Thanks! I will post up on my thread if I get the chance to head south!

This deal with the Broadmoor does make me wonder a bit. That whole area of CS is getting to be a mess. I love the trails there, heck it's where I grew up. Palmer Park mostly, but Cheyenne Canon is a blast. .

·
Team Velveeta™
3,079 Posts
Yeah I was reading that today. I wonder what the "plan" is
If it was land that could be purchased the 1300 was/is private. If any trail or other public resources other than 7 falls was on it, they were at risk anyway. But I doubt it.

Also, wafoo, I really doubt that undeveloped non-ag land will come with any water rights. Without a specific water right recognized by CO State Govt, they won't be able to divert a drop of that water onto a golf course or anywhere else.

I wouldn't worry about this ye Colo Springs riders. I'd focus on the fact that my man Tony Boone is up on the hill cutting new singletrack!

·
STRAVA!!!!!!
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it was land that could be purchased the 1300 was/is private. If any trail or other public resources other than 7 falls was on it, they were at risk anyway. But I doubt it.

Also, wafoo, I really doubt that undeveloped non-ag land will come with any water rights. Without a specific water right recognized by CO State Govt, they won't be able to divert a drop of that water onto a golf course or anywhere else.

I wouldn't worry about this ye Colo Springs riders. I'd focus on the fact that my man Tony Boone is up on the hill cutting new singletrack!
Hey Tom!
If I understand correctly the Broadmoor already owns all the water rights up there including Bear Creek with the magical trout lives, (they put the damn fish there back in the late 1800s,invasive species)).
Whats the story with your man Tony Boone???

·
Almost Human
2,921 Posts
Hey Tom!
If I understand correctly the Broadmoor already owns all the water rights up there including Bear Creek with the magical trout lives, (they put the damn fish there back in the late 1800s,invasive species)).
Whats the story with your man Tony Boone???
The Broadmoor has first use water rights and sells their extra water to the City. Probably not the issue. My guess is they want to keep the South Slope as forest and prevent McMansions and/or more trails in the area. Probably a big reason why Ring the Peak and other South Slope trails will never happen. I was told they own the cog and don't want passengers/tourists to see people in the "wild" when visiting PP.

·
SS Chimp
525 Posts
Just like the Vatican I was told the Broadmoor is run by the Queen Spider and she hunts humans on the South Slope. CSU is a puppet regime run by the Queen Spider as well. All in the name of keeping her hunting grounds safe.

VaticanQueenSpider.jpg

·
SS Chimp
525 Posts
SS Chump needs to hang up the MTB and go work for the CBD...if he already doesn't.
I poke a little fun a the paranoia that is rampant in Waffoo and Uncle Trail threads and get called names. Even accused of working for the CBT. The paranoia is thick as always.

·
STRAVA!!!!!!
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I poke a little fun a the paranoia that is rampant in Waffoo and Uncle Trail threads and get called names. Even accused of working for the CBT. The paranoia is thick as always.
We are getting kicked off federal land, losing trails and people are losing their homes and livelihoods because of these special interest groups as we speak! Yep, sounds like more unfounded fear......???

·
Registered
43 Posts
We are getting kicked off federal land, loosing trails and people are loosing their homes and livelihoods because of these special interest groups as we speak! Yep, sounds like more unfounded fear......???
Does paranoia create bad spellers or do bad spellers create paranoia?

Broadmoor is owned by who?
What is the name of the group that manages this property?
What other properties do they manage?

·
Almost Human
2,921 Posts
Broadmoor is owned by who?
Spencer Penrose, is the deceased owner of The Broadmoor Hotel, acquired the PP Railway in 1925.

Philip Anschutz owns it now. Although it is unclear if that is the hotel proper or all associated ventures included.
Broadmoor wins kudos on basis of Anschutz's $112 million investments - The Denver Post

"Anschutz acquired The Broadmoor from Oklahoma Publishing Co. as part of a package that included the Manitou & Pike's Peak Railway Co.; The Oklahoman newspaper and related NewsOk.com; the 500-room Lost Pines Resort & Spa in Austin, Texas; manufacturing companies Pavestone LLC and De Wafelbakkers LLC; 1.5 million acre-feet of water rights under Greenland Ranch in Douglas County; and 100 pieces of Western art. The purchase price was not disclosed."

The Anschutz Corp. also owns Clarity Media Group, which owns The Gazette, and Anschutz Entertainment Group. who just reached an agreement with World Arena(owned by Broadmoor) soon to be known once again as Broadmoor World Arena in Colorado Springs..... and the Avs wil be playing in C/S this Fall.

1134108]What is the name of the group that manages this property?[/QUOTE]

BROADMOOR RESORT COMMUNITY ASSOC
C/O WARREN MANAGEMENT GROUP INC

Pikes Peak Railway Co

COG Land & Development Company

Broadmoor Water & Power Co.

Ties to El Pomar Foundation and Trusts

Also ties to Flying Horse

I'm sure there are many others I'm unaware of.

What other properties do they manage?
Too many to list...
Property Search Results, Assessor Office, El Paso County, CO

Property Search Results, Assessor Office, El Paso County, CO

World Arena

Cheyenne Mountain Highway - 4wd road to mtn top
El Paso County Parcel Viewer

Property above the zoo

Top of Cheyenne Mtn and soon to be built new "backcountry" hotel

Stables on the N side of Cheyenne Mtn

Cog Railroad partnership with City of Manitou

7 Falls and adjacent properties.

Will Rodgers Memorial Stadium

With all of that said.
Owning senior water rights in Colorado Springs means they are top dog...

Sry that's all the time I have...

·
Almost Human
2,921 Posts
The first link shows the federal government owns that parcel, not Anschutz or anything to do with the Broadmoor.

Unless, that is, you're claiming that they own the government facility used by NORAD. :rolleyes:
Broadmoor plans rustic retreat atop Cheyenne Mountain

• Cloud Camp, a development atop Cheyenne Mountain that will include a lodge and 11 cabins. Guests can choose how they wish to arrive: a two-hour hike, a mule ride or transport by four-wheel drive.

• The Ranch at Emerald Valley, 8 miles west of The Broadmoor. The 10-cabin luxury retreat features fly-fishing, hiking, horseback riding and chef-prepared meals in a lodge. Rates start at $500 per person per night.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts