Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Randle family was hoping to give a large 'thank you' to all of you here at mtbr for your support and generous donations by hosting a Family Ride Day at China Camp over Presidents Day weekend.

Sad to say it's not going to work out. It looks like the bike may not be ready until early April.

Instead we are hoping to have the bike in time for Sea Otter and have it on display in the mtbr.com booth.

I would still like to have a group ride sometime in the spring or summer, but it's too hard to reserve Miwok Meadows(China Camp) at a later time with too many unknowns.

Britt's doing well with her recovery. We brought her home just before Thanksgiving, six weeks early. She has good days and bad. A good day is her bouncing around like the Energizer Bunny...a bad day is she never gets off the couch. Her spirits are always inspirational.

Thanks to each and every one of you for your prayers and support, Fred

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Fred-

Thanks for the update. Every time I visit this board, you and your family are never far from my thoughts. Only met you that one time at Demo (or was it Coe?) and hope to ride with you again.

Best,

Michael

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Thanks for the update Fred. You know we're all down to ride at the drop of a hat when you guys are ready.

That bike will make a sweet booth piece at SOC. Just make sure it doesn't get raffeled off! :eek:

It was good riding with you the other day. :thumbsup:

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bigboulder said:
will she let you borrow it for the coolest 24 hours? :D

I may just make it out to see the otter this year....no racing though.
I half jokingly asked her that a few weeks ago if she wanted to sponser a bike for the Cool 24 hr. cancer fundraiser and only received a blank stare from her...I thinks that means no.

I can understand her hesitation. I think that it would similar loaning out your brand new Ferrari before you had a chance to drive it yourself.

No racing for me at SO either. I am looking forward to pre-running Cool. Check your schedule and let me know...

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Kicking this back up to the top. Roumor has it that Ales & Trails and May by the Bay will coexist for a day at China Camp on Saturday, May 19. Not only will families be involved in bulk but I hope to have camping afterwards.

BTW, IMBA-California and the BTC's (East Bay and Marin) are looking for an event coordinator for the event.

(sorry for the shameless thread jack)

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Dan'ger said:
Kicking this back up to the top. Roumor has it that Ales & Trails and May by the Bay will coexist for a day at China Camp on Saturday, May 19. Not only will families be involved in bulk but I hope to have camping afterwards.

BTW, IMBA-California and the BTC's (East Bay and Marin) are looking for an event coordinator for the event.

(sorry for the shameless thread jack)
Nice. Sounds like that'll line up to be a fun day! :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.