·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Four years now.

Recap

Which leads to...

And project completion

...and now the update. Several months ago we were informed by the doctors the bone marrow transplant was unsuccessful and the experimental chemo process to protect her ovaries was also unsuccessful. Needless to say, we were devastated. She still had leukemia and now unable to bear children too. She had to resume a daily dosage of oral chemo to keep the leukemia in remission.

Last year, she had moved out on her own, attending college, working out with the woman's soccer team and employed. The treatment pretty much incapacitated her. She had to drop out of school and sports. Her employer allowed her to miss as much time as she needed. After several months of scratching their heads the SF doctors ordered an abdominal CAT scan. They found a growth in her abdomen.

Don't get all bummed out......the growth had a heartbeat and a penis. She's 4 months pregnant with a boy! He's due at the end of July.

We are cautiously optimistic. The latest test show normal development. Brit is not quite as sick as earlier. And we love the fixie riding future son-in-law.

Now....were did I stash the kiddy trailer?.....

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
I'd say that is some happy news! :)

Thanks for sharing and please continue to do so. A very good friend of mine starts his second round of chemo for Stage 4 esophageal cancer today. Insiprational stories like this are what keep us all hopeful.

·
Trail Goddess
988 Posts
That is the best news you could possibly have shared.:thumbsup: Yeah, Grandpa Fred!!!

Give her a great big congrats from me. After all the scares and worries hopefully this will make everything she's been through totally worth it.

Fiona

·
ol'guy who says hi &waves
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's a Boy!

Brittany and baby Nixon are doing great Got to watch new dad change his first diaper ever, Hilarious.

Stats: 8lbs6oz.... 20"... 10 fingers and 10 toes. He came out hungry and ate a good lunch.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 91 Posts