Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Wally on Wheels
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm planning a dream bike build at the mo and the plan is to have as much of the components British made as possible. Obviously there are some pretty major bits such as suspension, tyres and groupset which this isn't going to happen for but pretty much everything else seems to be falling into place. The only thing I'm struggling with is a British made bar and stem combo, all I can find so far is Hope and Burgtec but neither of those take my fancy particularly (only really because I'm being super fussy with aesthetics) Any other suggestions?

Cheers

·
Wally on Wheels
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Renthal are american aren't they? Ideally I'd get a stem in 40mm and superstar don't make one that I could find. Plus I'd want the bar to have something close to 30mm rise which although the rust bar is very pretty, isnt an option. Thanks for the suggestions though! The kingdom bits look pretty promising, hopefully they'll do another run at some point for me to grab some

·
Wally on Wheels
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No way! I didn't realise that, must be because I always think of Gwin when I think of them for some reason. Well that made my life a lot easier for this haha, thanks!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Why the push for all British? Just curious.

My current daily trail bike is a British design... Whyte T-130. Love it. I'm in the U.S., btw.

·
Wally on Wheels
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why the push for all British? Just curious.

My current daily trail bike is a British design... Whyte T-130. Love it. I'm in the U.S., btw.
Just me being patriotic really! The frame I'm hoping to build one day is a starling swoop so its hand made about 20 mins down the road which is pretty neat

·
Wally on Wheels
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah Hopes stuff is top notch, I picked up one of their headsets and a few other bits for my current rig a while ago and its still holding up brilliantly. I'm particularly a big fan of the head doctor in place of a star nut, seems to be a much better and less destructive system to me. To be honest they would have been my first choice but like I said in the first post the stems just look a bit too chunky for me

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Is DMR made in the UK or China? I know they are a British company.

·
Wally on Wheels
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah there is a pretty meaty wait list, I'm still doing my degree at the mo though so spare cash isnt really flowing yet :lol: I'm just resigned to planning and dreaming for the meantime

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.