Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The smoke is blowing out and Briones was beautiful.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. My wife was out and had the point and shoot with her so I ended up hauling up my Canon 30d.

·
Premium Member
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Berkeley Mike said:
I think you captured it well.
Thanks, it only took me about 50 shots with various levels of under exposure and flash fill. As much as I like photography and have played with it for years, my technical skills are at best okay, and my eye for composition is horrible.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
I don't have the photo equipment to shoot the shots you shot but here's a description of my Friday evening ride.

I met up with some folks that I've been emailing with through the weeklyride yahoo group. They, like most of the email groups I belong to, ride in the East Bay and ride a combination of road and mountain bikes. I saw a notice of their upcoming ride at Briones and RSVP'd.

mtnBecky came out as well and we met at "the top of the curly road." 3 of their group showed up on time but while waiting for #4, we did a short loop up to the lagoons and back. Once we had #4, Becky split to take care of household issues and we went on.

These are a great group of folks and I had fun riding with them. One guy was back visiting after moving to CO a few months ago.

From the intersection of Crest and Valley, the fog looked like waves crashing on the shores of Moraga.

As I hadn't ridden in a week, my legs were well rested allowing me to get ahead of the group and stop occasionally to take pictures.

The smile says it all.

After a quick regroup, we continued on.

This was the last pic of the evening. The pace continued to be moderately fast and it started to get dark before we were done.

The smoke was unnoticable from the ridgetops but on our last climb out of Bear Creek up to the saddle, the valley had trapped some smoke. By the time we got to the top, the back of my throat was irritated.

To give an example of what a great group this is, one of the crew who couldn't make the ride showed up at the meeting spot with a cold sixer of good brew. I can't think of a better way to have ended the ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.