Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aaron
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone up for a Briones ride this evening? Meet at intersection of Taylor and Morello at 5:30 or meet at Alhambra park entrance at 6. Will try to go as long as possible before it gets too dark. My night light is getting repaired else I'd ride longer.

Post here if interested.

-Aaron

·
Registered
241 Posts
RatherBeRiding said:
Anyone up for a Briones ride this evening? Meet at intersection of Taylor and Morello at 5:30 or meet at Alhambra park entrance at 6. Will try to go as long as possible before it gets too dark. My night light is getting repaired else I'd ride longer.

Post here if interested.

-Aaron
Aaron I'm heading home in about 2 minutes, but I work in Oakland and have to deal with tunnel traffic. I live at the corner of Alhambra and taylor so it only takes me about 10 minutes to get to the trail head. 6 would be pushing it. If you get this, post your intended route and maybe I can meet up with you half way. Dan took me on your typical route, incase you indend on doing that again.

Mike

·
Registered
241 Posts
my speed transmitter wasn't working I guess.. I didn't pick up any info on speed or distance unfortunately but that was a pretty good pace for 2:08. I did record 2540' of elevation gain. Oh well..

I ended up having just enough technu to finish the job throughly. Man I love that stuff. I'm think about getting a small size too for on the trail use, especially for when I'm far from a shower.

·
Aaron
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good ride!

biggz said:
my speed transmitter wasn't working I guess.. I didn't pick up any info on speed or distance unfortunately but that was a pretty good pace for 2:08. I did record 2540' of elevation gain. Oh well..

I ended up having just enough technu to finish the job throughly. Man I love that stuff. I'm think about getting a small size too for on the trail use, especially for when I'm far from a shower.
That was a great ride. We got the best briones had to offer last night! Till next time.
-A

·
Registered
241 Posts
RatherBeRiding said:
That was a great ride. We got the best briones had to offer last night! Till next time.
-A
You didn't happen to record anything did you? I'm just curious about our avg mph.. even with the spangler climb I think we probably averaged 11 or 12 mph.. I've done easier rides though Briones where I averaged that and last night we really hustled. If so, the total distance was probably somewhere around 23-25 miles including the few to and from my house to the trail head (about 2 1/2 each way I think). Till next time for sure..

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
how was the bottom or did you not start at alhambra or bear creek staging area? i haven't gone back to the staging areas since the recent rains...the top is nice except where the cows have done their annual trail destruction..

·
Registered
241 Posts
cohenfive said:
how was the bottom or did you not start at alhambra or bear creek staging area? i haven't gone back to the staging areas since the recent rains...the top is nice except where the cows have done their annual trail destruction..
Wow.. my browser randomly decided to go back for some reason and I just lost my message. So here's the quick edition.

Out of the trails we rode last night:

Still wet: Orchard (20ft or so, no biggie), Yerba Buena (about 5 or 6 spots, but only wet, not a cesspool at all).

Cows seen on Valley and Diablo View trail. Valley was pretty beat up as usual, but dry.

The rest of the trails we rode were in prime condition.

Lower section of Orchard, Pine Tree, Old Briones Road trail, Spengler, Table Top, Sunrise, and Crescent. Crescent was beaten up too.

·
Aaron
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ride stats

biggz said:
You didn't happen to record anything did you? I'm just curious about our avg mph.. even with the spangler climb I think we probably averaged 11 or 12 mph.. I've done easier rides though Briones where I averaged that and last night we really hustled. If so, the total distance was probably somewhere around 23-25 miles including the few to and from my house to the trail head (about 2 1/2 each way I think). Till next time for sure..
My computer showed 17 miles, 2 hr riding time (the computer stops counting when the wheels stop). That's starting from my house and ending at my friends house when I pulled off near Reliz Valley Road.

We were cranking for sure - certainly felt like 25 miles!

-A

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.