Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aaron
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Briones ride on Tuesday? Meet at intersection of Taylor and Morello at 6:30 or meet at Alhambra park entrance at 7. Bring your night light as we'll probably need it towards the end of the ride. If you don't have a light you could always take off at dusk or ride by the Lamp-Of-Dan which is about as bright as the sun.

Post here if interested.

-Aaron
 

·
Feeling a little taller
Joined
·
6,705 Posts
RatherBeRiding said:
Briones ride on Tuesday? Meet at intersection of Taylor and Morello at 6:30 or meet at Alhambra park entrance at 7. Bring your night light as we'll probably need it towards the end of the ride. If you don't have a light you could always take off at dusk or ride by the Lamp-Of-Dan which is about as bright as the sun.

Post here if interested.

-Aaron
I'll have to figure out if I can replace my cables before the ride tomorrow. In case you didn't see my race summary: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=94092

Otherwise, I might still be able to ride my orange bike, although I won't be as efficient on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
At some point I'm going to need to stop and catch up with this cold I've found myself with... I tried to do that Sunday but it was too nice and I ended up riding Briones trying to find the glasses I lost last Tuesday.. no luck unfortunately. Of course I always say I'm not going to ride.. then break down and ride anyways. Chances are that is what will happen tomorrow night, but I'll just have to see how I'm feeling. If I don't see you at the trail head at 7 don't wait up.
 

·
Feeling a little taller
Joined
·
6,705 Posts
biggz said:
At some point I'm going to need to stop and catch up with this cold I've found myself with... I tried to do that Sunday but it was too nice and I ended up riding Briones trying to find the glasses I lost last Tuesday.. no luck unfortunately. Of course I always say I'm not going to ride.. then break down and ride anyways. Chances are that is what will happen tomorrow night, but I'll just have to see how I'm feeling. If I don't see you at the trail head at 7 don't wait up.
Usually, when I'm starting to feel slightly under the weather, I ride a little longer and harder than usual. I typically hate myself for an hour afterwards while I'm cleaning up but the next morning I feel like a new man.
 

·
Feeling a little taller
Joined
·
6,705 Posts
Leadghost said:
How daunting a task is replacing those cables and associated lines / indexing the beast?
Not very. It's already done. Along with replacing the bolts that stripped while I was removing them to open the shifter housing.

All of the indexing is in the hub. I ran the housings full length to keep dirt out of the works and zip tied the housings to the frame at the brake line clips.
 

·
Feeling a little taller
Joined
·
6,705 Posts
I think I'm going to have to skip the ride tonight. I've got a potential business metting conflict and I really need to give my legs a rest anyway.

I'm in for sure next week. Nothing is going to conflict or hold me back. Perhaps a really long loop?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Dan'ger said:
I think I'm going to have to skip the ride tonight. I've got a potential business metting conflict and I really need to give my legs a rest anyway.

I'm in for sure next week. Nothing is going to conflict or hold me back. Perhaps a really long loop?
Dang.. and I was just going to post that I will be able to make it. Got up this morning feeling great so I went in to work early just so I could get home and look over the bike for a bit before heading out...

I'm interested in riding a little earlier than 7 to get some more daylight in if that works..
 

·
Feeling a little taller
Joined
·
6,705 Posts
biggz said:
Dang.. and I was just going to post that I will be able to make it. Got up this morning feeling great so I went in to work early just so I could get home and look over the bike for a bit before heading out...

I'm interested in riding a little earlier than 7 to get some more daylight in if that works..
Post it - I'm in afterall. What time works for everybody?
 

·
Feeling a little taller
Joined
·
6,705 Posts
RatherBeRiding said:
Dan you set the time and I'll be there... -A
Let's tentatively set the time for 6:30 start at the Alhambra Creek Staging Area. We'll meet there and head off into the hills.

It's been a couple of weeks for me and I'm so looking forward a ride at the big B!
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top