Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving to Boulder next week via San Diego and I'm bringing my DH bike with for the first time, any recommendations as to where I should ride? Thanks!

·
Living the High Life
4,543 Posts
nomad rdr said:
Keystone, Sol Vista, Winter Park
And Vail. Now...let the arguing begin!

Keystone = steeper
WP = more freeride man built features
Sol Vista = race inspired runs
Vail = steeper single track, not as steep as Keystone (except Old 9 Line;) ) - and no bike crowds there

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
You'll be driving right past some great riding on the Western Slope. 18 rd in Fruita, Lunch Loops in Grand Junction, and the Kokopelli trails in Loma.

Free Lunch, Moore Fun, Holy Cross, etc....

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
cobi said:
You'll be driving right past some great riding on the Western Slope. 18 rd in Fruita, Lunch Loops in Grand Junction, and the Kokopelli trails in Loma.

Free Lunch, Moore Fun, Holy Cross, etc....
But not on a DH sled :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
If he hooked up with a LBS shuttle I think he'd have a blast running Free Lunch, Gunny, Ribbon, etc...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
cobi said:
If he hooked up with a LBS shuttle I think he'd have a blast running Free Lunch, Gunny, Ribbon, etc...
Done that last year. Key findings:

1) LBS shuttle isn't relieable. Our's never came. We waited at the LBS for the driver. After an hour or so and some 'in 15 min' promises the LBS told us that it simply wouldn't happen. :madmax: And yes - we did schedule the day before...

2) Riding up the road to the Ribbon trail head sucks. So does riding up the trail to reach Free Lunch. - On a 7" FR bike it sucks, don't want to even think of doing it on a single ring DH sled.

3) You don't need a DH sled for any of the trails. A 6" fully does the trick. Not much out there I wouldn't hit on my Heckler. If there is - I'd need a local guide to find it.

4) Awesome trail system for a capable FS bike. Perfect for technical riding and busting the lungs. Definitely looking forward to go Fruita and GJ again. I'll bring my Heckler, though.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Agreed on pretty much all of your points. I certainly wasn't suggesting the western slope as his DH riding destination. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of a way to kill and hour or two and break up a long drive.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did I get that right?

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."

Was that what you were quoting?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts