Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRING back FO BRING back FO

Common mods bring back FO

This is crazy stuff! now we have a big community and we get all types of people accross the world and I understand we have to meet certain conditions to keep all the people happy, but common how about some respect for the dudes that helped make MTBR what it is today, characters like FO and the big Cheese, even Gonzo did I say that:D

Sometimes it may seem we are a little xtreme or noisy or a little out there but FO is always just having a fun and mainly at people he knows personally which is often over looked by lurkers and the PC crowd, ya have to remmeber to be nearly 10000 posts ya been here awhile and respect and understanding on the community goes both ways, its as important for people to get too know the legends/veterans as it is for the newbies to be given some slack and eased into the addiction of sharing on MTBr, esspecially on the Homer board which, just look at the numbers to your right no other board comes close so it can't be all bad huh.

Wll I could write a WAR n Peace on this but Ive said what I wanted!

Lets keep the color and cool characters! just because weve grown and become big lets not wave the stick and tear down the foundatiosn that made this place a cool hang out for us when where not riding!

Long live the Homers:D

BRING back FO

ok ya can have your say now!

ps
and if ya don't then ya just another GHEY pc lurker:D

Quote Braveheart!
freedom !freeeeedom! freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom!

·
Homer's problem child
1,320 Posts
trailadvent said:
Sometimes it may seem we are a little xtreme or noisy or a little out there but FO is always just having a fun and mainly at people he knows personally which is often over looked by lurkers and the PC crowd
You know, that's what I thought as well, but Aqua and Squeak both mentioned in a thread in the Ventana forum that that is not the case at all, they actually dislike Fo, it's not just a funny "who can insult eachother the best" thing among friends, which is what I interpretted it as. Unless Aqua and Squeak were just kidding in that thread as well.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2941500#poststop

I dont' care either way whether Fo comes back or not, but he has not posted anything that would count as a contribution (either technical or otherwise) in a long time. Just childish "your mom" or "your wife" jokes, which are funny the first 1000 times, but get old after 9000+ times.

Did he ever post ride pics of that 6-pack? The build looked gross, but I never saw anything showing it getting used.

My $0.02
B

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
So, is this time out like a prison experience for Fo? I mean, is he finding love in all the wrong places with all the wrong other time out faces? :eek:

But, yeah, I'd like to see FoBack Mountain back posting his unique shotgun spray of non sensical words. In comparison, he makes me feel like I actually know something! :idea:

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I say ban the hooligan for good.
BRING back FO:p

You know, that's what I thought as well, but Aqua and Squeak both mentioned in a thread in the Ventana forum that that is not the case at all, they actually dislike Fo, it's not just a funny "who can insult eachother the best" thing among friends, which is what I interpretted it as. Unless Aqua and Squeak were just kidding in that thread as well.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...41500#poststop

I dont' care either way whether Fo comes back or not, but he has not posted anything that would count as a contribution (either technical or otherwise) in a long time. Just childish "your mom" or "your wife" jokes, which are funny the first 1000 times, but get old after 9000+ times.

Did he ever post ride pics of that 6-pack? The build looked gross, but I never saw anything showing it getting used.

My $0.02
B

Well I know fer sure he rides with Aqua, not sure about SW but he seems on the BB mtn to me with regards to FO seems like a jilted L:D

All good,

Im all for characrter and color we don't all have to like each other just a bit of mutal respect would be nice, you guys haven't been around long and it takes a while to understand some characters, FOs unique and different maybe too much for some but common banning someone, hes hardly in the Gonzo catagory, give em a break once we lose freedom of speech give up biking and go dig yourself a hole! 6ft:eek:

Is that not what the boys are fighting for in the East, ok its Oil but hey the ideallogy is sweet!

Don't stop the FO or internet you or me may be next:confused:

Homerville was allot more intense a few years back this era is mild in comparison:confused:, I miss the old days 2 much PC:nono:

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
this thread is ghey

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
trailadvent said:
U guys are GHEY:confused:
awww...muffin...don't worry...we're just goofing off...but we still love ya :winker:...you're just cranky because you're at work...:p:D

·
Homer's problem child
1,320 Posts
trailadvent said:
BRING back FO:p
you guys haven't been around long and it takes a while to understand some characters, FOs unique and different maybe too much for some but common banning someone, hes hardly in the Gonzo catagory, give em a break once we lose freedom of speech give up biking and go dig yourself a hole! 6ft:eek:

Homerville was allot more intense a few years back this era is mild in comparison:confused:, I miss the old days 2 much PC:nono:
I've been around here as long as you, I don't post as much but I've been lurking and posting occasionally since 04', and lurking for a couple years before that. I have read all the Fo, Aqua, Squeak, etc.. battles and thought I was well aware of their relationship until Aqua posted otherwise.

I definitely realize the value of the Turner forum both in terms of tech knowledge and entertainment and it is consistently the most fun and informative forum on MTBR. I don't own a Turner (but I did build my bro a 5 spot) and I almost got a new RFX but went for a Ventana El Terremoto for a couple reasons (a big one was immediate availability).

You're right when you say Fo is no Gonzo, but he was well on his way to entering Gonzo's league. Gonzo's final days were legendary.

Fo will be back, I just hope it's the kinder more informative king of bling Fo.

B

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been around here as long as you, I don't post as much but I've been lurking and posting occasionally since 04', and lurking for a couple years before that. I have read all the Fo, Aqua, Squeak, etc.. battles and thought I was well aware of their relationship until Aqua posted otherwise.

I definitely realize the value of the Turner forum both in terms of tech knowledge and entertainment and it is consistently the most fun and informative forum on MTBR. I don't own a Turner (but I did build my bro a 5 spot) and I almost got a new RFX but went for a Ventana El Terremoto for a couple reasons (a big one was immediate availability).

You're right when you say Fo is no Gonzo, but he was well on his way to entering Gonzo's league. Gonzo's final days were legendary.

Fo will be back, I just hope it's the kinder more informative king of bling Fo.

B
MY bad BY I assumed when I shouldve veared left arghh dam I hate crashing into trees

I c yr point of view and respect that, I just wish others would c FOs unique humor for what it is, the constant pressure of Mods moderating his avatars threw him over the edge into full take the piss mode, hes a good dude
peace bro:thumbsup:

BLACHAWK DOWN!

Hang in there FO where fighting the good battle buddy, HH boys never leave a man behind, one goes down we all go down:D well I spoeak for myself since most of the HH boys have also gone down, Whafe in spain, Spotz has turned Samurai and is in Japan, Momentus has gone Lycra on me (multisporter) , and Ive turned to the FAOD:p

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
what i know to be true:

fo has never ridden with aqua. it jast hasnt worked out yet.

fo, aqua, squeeky, jnc, ssinga, etc, etc are all pals and email, pm message, call each other regularly.

fo is a funny guy and takes it just as well as he dishes it out.

this forum without fo is lesser for it.​

things i suspect:

fo never rides, has never ridden and will never ride a bike for as long as he lives.

fo's mom is cheap but accessable.

fo couldnt build a real budget bike to save his life.

fo plans to legally change his name to fo mtbr shizzle and then re-name his children cheesey, aqua and squeeky all with the same middle and last names....... his.​

1 other thing. dont stow the fo, let the fo flow!

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what i know to be true:
fo has never ridden with aqua. it jast hasnt worked out yet.​
2 words singlespeed, I know nothing:D
fo, aqua, squeeky, jnc, ssinga, etc, etc are all pals and email, pm message, call each other regularly.

fo is a funny guy and takes it just as well as he dishes it out.

this forum without fo is lesser for it.
Finally someone else agrees, cheers CC I was really starting to worry about Homerville there for a mo
things i suspect:
fo never rides, has never ridden and will never ride a bike for as long as he lives.
FOs very busy and frustrated not to be able to ride his RFX take it from its gospel;)
fo's mom is cheap but accessable.
Isn't everyones:D

fo couldnt build a real budget bike to save his life.
Well good one ya pal not many Homers have:p

fo plans to legally change his name to fo mtbr shizzle and then re-name his children cheesey, aqua and squeeky all with the same middle and last names....... his.
:eek: thats a little xtreme even for me, I was thinking dh for the boys su ling and Barny:D
1 other thing. dont stow the fo, let the fo flow!
Bring back FO

CC ya reckon we spam all moderators:D

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Nappy Headed Fo's?

I can never fathom the politics of mtbr, but I chuckle at Fo's comments most of the time.

When I don't get what he's saying, it usually strikes me as an inside joke. Many of the other controversial banned mtbr figures seemed more malicious but I may not be reading everyone's true intent correctly.

Was Fo really given a time out or is he just going to come back from a vacation to laugh at this tempest in a teapot?

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
all i can tell ya is he sent me some msgs and emails re this deal and it looked like a legit email from kato. ive yet to catch him on line to discuss it and got cut off last time we were on the phone where i waned him about the new handle. been busy as hell since with 12 + hour days so thats mostly my fault.

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
Poor Fo, he has been cutoff from his crack for a week, and he will still have to live with his inner post whore demons :)

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
geez u guys...he's not dead...:rolleyes:

it's less than a week before he graces us with his obnoxious presence again! :D and with all the time he's not spending on mtbr...maybe he'll have time to actually RIDE!!! :eek::thumbsup::);):D

time outs are ghey...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts