Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an avid Vintage BMX collector and frequent the BMX sites but a good freind of mine has gotten me into Vintage Mountain Bike collecting and man I have a new adiction. Anyway I have picked up a couple of cool vintage bikes but this was my first real big score and I need a set of tires. So my question is are there any ONZA Rips out there NOS???????
Thanks Rick

I would post a pic but I dont know how to down size them.

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
:rolleyes:

What a new year this has been...

Well congrats on the bike(s) but this forum is not a store. Perhaps if you have something valuable to trade, you can post something up in the trade thread. Otherwise, read the stickies and good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you are saying I cant ask a question about a Vintage Mountain Bike on a Vintage Mountain Bike Forum??????? Anyway here is a Pic and thanks for the welcome to the site I think I will go back to BMX

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
Of course you can. Just don't expect to go around demanding parts. If you just were generally wondering if they are around, then I would say, "yes."

And I, for one, would love to see pics of your vintage bikes! ;)

What other vintage bikes did you get?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats all I did was ask a question I was not demanding anything. This is the first one that I have picked up that I would like to restore and tires for these things are not as easy to get as they are in the BMX community.

·
Premium Member
8,757 Posts
Hmm... yes. Sorry.

So, firebird, the blackwall ones are available. Check online. Sorry to jump on you. I do love your bike...so much so that I have one too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The others are a Nishiki Alein, Mongoose All Terrian Pro and an old Fisher I will post more pics tommorow.
Rick

·
illuminaughty
1,651 Posts
firebird said:
The others are a Nishiki Alein, Mongoose All Terrian Pro and an old Fisher I will post more pics tommorow.
Rick
nice variety..I've got an MB1, Alien and an old Mongoose too. Post pics of the Goose if you can. What year is your Alien? Pics too?

·
Registered
554 Posts
firebird said:
I need a set of tires. So my question is are there any ONZA Rips out there NOS???????

NIce find, a 1990, and what appears to be all original parts, except the pedals and bottle cages (though maybe period?). You even have uncut gray Ritchey grips.

Look for Ritchey Megabite tires if you want to stay original, though they're hard to find.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
firebird said:
I a good freind of mine has gotten me into Vintage Mountain Bike collecting and man I have a new adiction.
You're fcuked. Actually, I think vintage MTB's are cheaper than the vintage BMX arena, so you should be ok.

Great pick up, but I believe some tan wall Ritchey Mega-Bites would be the correct tire.

What sfgirl is implying is that 'wanted' posts are not allowed in the forums and to just be mindful of it. We also tend to get a lot of people asking questions that are answered in the sticky up top.

I thought I saw some OnZa Rip tires on eBay recently. I assume you checked there?

Welcome. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have an 1992 MB-1 also. I think these are nice bikes. I've had experience with owning an MB-1, MB-2, and MB-3, and an MB-4 from 1990 through 1992.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow thanks for all the help and the great bike pics. I did not have time after work today for pics of the others but here is a pic of the MB-0 after being tore down completely and buffed out. Here is how it is coming man this thing is going to come out mint. And I did buy the ONZA Black walls on the bay even know I wanted Skin walls I think they will look great.

Attachments

·
bigsbymalone
94 Posts
elitist posters

I'm with the firebird. Sfgirl is a bit of a notch. Keep doing what you're doing. Maybe she missed the birkenstock sale down in the bay. Nice bikes by the way.

·
Thumbs Up!
759 Posts
Fantastic find! keep the progress pics coming!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts