Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the change of ownership sale email from them. Does anyone know if the store is still there or did it vanish into cyberspace?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes, they sold their entire business to Cambria Bicycle Outfitters. (online too)

Bikebling or North of the Border will be a good option.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Is anyone actually going to miss these guys?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well ya, up until last year they were one of the best stocked bike shops in San Diego (I think BikeBling took that title away). Most people here have spent money there.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
sandmangts said:
Yeah they were taking online orders right till the end with no intention of fullfilling the order. Alot of folks are S.O.L. They are being investigated for wire fraud.
if it was on
credit card they can get their money back..............that place really had issues

·
Registered
71 Posts
I went in there about a month or so ago and I knew they were near the end. I went in there looking for some platform pedals and they only had one set of sunlines, nothing else. Pretty shady if they were still taking orders.

·
San Diego County
1,475 Posts
email said orders placed for customer will-call will be shipped direct. So it sounds to me like they intend to fill all orders.

Just call Doug and Michael at North of the Border and order stuff from them. I was there today. Michael had exactly what I needed. Same great personal service as always.

Chris

·
Registered
701 Posts
Duzitall said:
email said orders placed for customer will-call will be shipped direct. So it sounds to me like they intend to fill all orders.

Just call Doug and Michael at North of the Border and order stuff from them. I was there today. Michael had exactly what I needed. Same great personal service as always.

Chris
That is the only I use in SD. They can get you anything you need.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Duzitall said:

Chris
Wish I had bought my Epiphany from North of the Border three years ago, but I didn't know about them and bought at BeyondBikes. Never had an problems with BB, but NOB has much better service. Reminds me of Cantina from back in the day.

·
Registered
629 Posts
well...i sure wont miss beyond bikes. yes they had great inventory, but customer service was horrible. Every time i went in there looking for something, a salesperson would approach me, and about 30 seconds into it, his wireless headset would go off, and he would disappear into the back never to be seen again. Id have to say that Beyond Bikes and Black Mountain Bikes had the absolute worst customer service imaginable.

Id rather give my money to a shop that actually greets and assists their customers in a timely manner, even if it means i have to wait a few days for them to order what i need.

·
It ain't easy being Green
1,208 Posts
They're Baaack!

Had an Email from BB saying "under new management"...
I could give a $h1t about customer service, I just want a good price, and BB always gives a good price. I also could care less about their 'tude, for the same reason.
Bike Bling in Esco also gives good deals if you simple can't bear BB.

As for your comments about Black Mountain Bikes, well, I find them helpful, responsive and reliable, particularly the service department; if you take the trouble to actually _talk_ to the staff, explain your problems and don't ***** about their recommendations then your bike will be well looked after and you will be a happy rider.

I don't work at BMB, I'm just a (happy) customer.

·
Registered
629 Posts
sdcadbiker said:
Had an Email from BB saying "under new management"...
I could give a $h1t about customer service, I just want a good price, and BB always gives a good price. I also could care less about their 'tude, for the same reason.
Bike Bling in Esco also gives good deals if you simple can't bear BB.

As for your comments about Black Mountain Bikes, well, I find them helpful, responsive and reliable, particularly the service department; if you take the trouble to actually _talk_ to the staff, explain your problems and don't ***** about their recommendations then your bike will be well looked after and you will be a happy rider.

I don't work at BMB, I'm just a (happy) customer.

If you dont care about customer service then why dont you just buy all your gear/parts online? Me personally...would rather help out the local small business during these tough economic times.

But my only problem with black mountain bike is how they could care less about actually selling bikes. Its a shame because they are the closest shop to me that carries specialized bikes, i actually went in there when i was in the market for my mountain and road bike, and also my dads road bike. All of these times I had cash in hand ready to purchase but since im "only 25 years old" and dont fit the description of someone with "money" they pretty much gave me no respect and focused all of there attention towards the 40-50 year old customers who were walking in the door. No offense to anyone, but im simply just explaining several different experiences ive had with the shop.

And also, none of the times ive been in there have been while the shop is busy. Its always during the week during nonpeak hours.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
John Kuhl said:
The people at Black Mountain Bikes have alway treated
me good. I've never had a problem with them.

Best, John
They too far away from me but for Yeti parts they are the only game in town. The few times i've been in there, BMB was very professional and helpful.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
I can't imagine Black Mountain not being ready to sell a bike to anyone. At least the owner there is a focused sales oriented guy, as well as a rider. If Black Mountain is closest to you, then give them another shop but ask for the owner.

·
It ain't easy being Green
1,208 Posts
drz400sm said:
If you dont care about customer service then why dont you just buy all your gear/parts online? Me personally...would rather help out the local small business during these tough economic times.
Let me qualify my statement: I don't care about _sales_ customer service; if the price is right the sales guy can call me an a**hole if he wants. Do you expect high quality customer service at, say, Frys? No... you expect a great price.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts