Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crash the Dog, Slim, Twiggs, Bonkey and I rode Brianhead yesterday. First trail we rode was Dark Hollow, and then we hit up the Left fork of Bunker Creek. I wish I had taken more trail pics. We were having too much fun.

1. Slim and Crash
2. Crash jumping one of the few small hits along the way
3. Nice meadow
4. WTF? This is the Chumba that Bonkey brought with him. Jury is still out.

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One last little nugget. When Crash finally handed this baby over to me to try out, it had about 25 miles of riding on it. I"m gonna let Crash start the review thread for this, but all I'm gonna say at this point is, "Wow". :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Well Biked
1,959 Posts
Your timing was better then mine

I was up there over Memoral day weekend. Still chunks of snow and deadfall everywhere (which we helped cut out). Looks like primetime now! That place is awesome. Looking forward to the reviews.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
So is BH lift access or just singletrack cruising? I see a lot of armor.

Make sure you take the P-DHX to Goose and try it out on the normal make-this-shock-say-uncle stuff. I'm curious what the bottoming protection is like with the BO and BV gone.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
tscheezy said:
So is BH lift access or just singletrack cruising? I see a lot of armor.
Brian Head has lift access but it's not open yet. There was some talk amongst the locals that it not a profit center for them so they're a little hesitant to open it back anytime soon. The resort also has an extensive trail network most of which are shuttle runs with huge decents. We shuttled both Dark Hollow and Left Fork of Bunker Creek. Both trails offer a good bit of exposure particularly with the speeds that the Pack allows you to carry. Dark Hollow is hella rocky, and you dodge trees on Bunker Creek. Hence the armor.

Good stuff! Here are a couple more pics....

1. El Chaingone keeping his chain on.
2. Bonkey rippin' the double track.
3. Hmmmmm... alpine single track.
4. Slim perfecting the pedal kick.

Attachments

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
El Chingon said:
One last little nugget. When Crash finally handed this baby over to me to try out, it had about 25 miles of riding on it. I"m gonna let Crash start the review thread for this, but all I'm gonna say at this point is, "Wow". :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Wow". The definitive one word review. To think I wasted all those adjectives and adverbs in all the posts I've written on the pushed DHX.:madman: :D

Tscheezy, the bottom out feature on the race system upgrade is BETTER than the stock system. But since no one listens to me anyway.......you'll have to experience it yourself. Jeez, if El C thinks it's good......:idea:

·
Registered
28 Posts
scepticshock said:
I was up there over Memoral day weekend. Still chunks of snow and deadfall everywhere (which we helped cut out). Looks like primetime now! That place is awesome. Looking forward to the reviews.
Thats funny, I was up there too! And did some deadfall clearing! ;-)

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
Any word from the jury on the Chumba?

El Chingon said:
4. WTF? This is the Chumba that Bonkey brought with him. Jury is still out.
They are interesting frames, though they seem a bit overbuilt in ways that I'm not convinced are that critical.

What does it ride like?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.