Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· giddy up!
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you have a course map or GPS track of the Brianhead 100 course? I'd really like to organize an unsupported "ride" now that Team Big Bear has done away with the BH100.

Anyone?

B

· giddy up!
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ross W. said:

how's that? I have it bigger in better resolution but I'm not sure where I can host it in full size.

I have no idea how recent this is, but I assume it's fairly accurate.
Can you email me the high res version?

brianblair72 at hotmail dot com

Thanks!

B

· giddy up!
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ionsmuse said:
:thumbsup:

Seems like we ought be able to restock at Duck Creek village. Easy logistics.

So when we doin' it, B?
How do you feel about late august or september? 2 months notice should be enough for folks to get organized right?

Hopefully I can get this thing organized.....I'm itching to ride out there again.

B

3,048 Posts
chadfbrown said:
I'm in if Dave C. is going. ;) Hopefully in the next two months prior to the race, I can get a SS. Thanks Dave :thumbsup:
Just as long as you promise to not run 42:14 (unless you'll be using it for beer runs, exclusively). I don't want to hear you b!tching about arthritis in five years.

If this goes down, and if my knee behaves, I hope I've got my Lev by then. It would be a tough course to SS. Some tough climb, at altitude, but also lots of flats and gentle downs to torture you as you spin by.

I'm really beginning to think that, for the most part, SS is for fun, gears are for racin'.

For those of you who don't know, this is one of the coolest, most unique and scenic parts of Utah. Views of Zion, high mountain Aspens and pines, massive lava fields. Be thar.

· Registered
936 Posts
ionsmuse said:
I'm really beginning to think that, for the most part, SS is for fun, gears are for racin'.
That's crazy talk. :nono:

ionsmuse said:
For those of you who don't know, this is one of the coolest, most unique and scenic parts of Utah. Views of Zion, high mountain Aspens and pines, massive lava fields. Be thar.
Hmmmm...sometimes I REALLY wished I lived out west. You are so lucky you can ride stuff like this any weekend you want. Ah...someday.

· bicycleonthebrain
211 Posts
I think the reason team big bear isn't putting this event on is because there is not a national in Brian Head this year. Usualy the epic is the week before or after the national. They won't drive up there just for the epic. thats my opinion. Anyway don't piss them off they might try to get in the way of this wonderful event that is unfolding.
Will there be any problems with the resort as in finishing in there parking lot? I hope not. Have we set a date yet or time? I think we should make sure we finish before the pizza place closes for sure:thumbsup:
[email protected]

· Grizzly
695 Posts
I would bet with the extensive roads/trails in that area that we could alter the route, maybe lengthen it, add more of the Virgin River singletrack, make it more of a loop than an out and back?

Not that the route is that bad. I actually really like the course. I'm just saying... :)

3,048 Posts
Thinkeering..

I spent a chunk of time this morning combining files, drawing new ones, and generally trying to make Topofusion my b!tch. I was only partly successful, as track analysis tells me the route has a mere 340 feet of climbing, and 67 feet of descending. :madman: :madman: I may be missing something.... :madmax:

The basic map is I think sufficiently evocative. Basic idea being to start from the upper trailhead (or "town" if you like), take the back part of the BH 100 out, take the upper jeep road to the east of the main Strawberry Point road, hit all of the Virgin River Rim trail, adding a nasty climb on Highway 14, then hook back up on dirt roads and finish back on the "out" part of the BH 100. Singletrack down through the ski area would be a good finish. They have a bar in town, right?:D

My file says it's 83 miles. Thanks to my hand drawn connectors, it's likely a bit more. It would I think have a good variety of terrain and scenery and plenty of challenge.

Thoughts?

· Tucson, AZ
623 Posts
ionsmuse said:
I was only partly successful, as track analysis tells me the route has a mere 340 feet of climbing, and 67 feet of descending. :madman: :madman: I may be missing something.... :madmax:
Sounds like the course might be flat :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm in! When are you thinking about doing this?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.