Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been hitting up to 115 in St. George for the past few days, so Sanchez decided to flee the heat. Slim, Arkon, Naked1 and I spent the day shuttling Dark Hollow, and Bunker Creek. It was a nice reprieve. 71 degrees, and the trails were uncommonly mud free!

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Brian Head is not what you call a Freeride haven by any means, but the trails are long and fast, with a small drop thrown in here and there.

Attachments

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Naked1 had a little trouble on this drop, and ended up balls deep in a pile of logs. Slim was kind enough to lend a helping hand....:eekster:

Attachments

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
Dark Hollow ranks is a complete blast, I love that trail. One of the first things that came to mind when I saw Brian Head wasn't holding a National this year was: That sucks, we won't be riding Dark Hollow this year.
Good stuff.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Sweet!

I was watching the news and saw those temps in St G. I decided that and the lack of beer was enough to make me not move there. I hope that doesn't sound personal. I do love the riding in St G.

PS: will this image get censored?

·
Elitest thrill junkie
36,612 Posts
Looks just like Flagstaff.

·
Living the Dream
1,783 Posts
Great Pics El C.

Seems like your the only original member of Sanchez still around. Haven't Seen Crash, CGR, or Lycra in any of the threads lately. I rode those trails back in 2002. Very nice terrain. There is a spurr trail from Dark Hollow that takes you over to the resort. Great riding up there.

·
Well Biked
1,958 Posts
Did you ride the newer re-routed Dark Hollow with the rock garden sections? The older one is supposed to be better if the deadfall is cleared-which it should be about now.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
nice of ya to photoshop fo's moms face outta that shot. very respectfull. looks like fun times.

·
Large member
2,751 Posts
Great shots as always El C. The one constant thing about your pics is that they always make me want to go out and ride.:thumbsup:

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the trail you are referring to is Paradise, which drops off to the right. I rode it last year, and I think that the old and the new are 6's as far as fun factor goes.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those boys are still around. CGR got a new Pinarello Paris road bike, so he's in roady mode right now. Crash the Dog is just a lazy F. Lycra FR's work situation has changed, so he can only ride on Wednesday mornings, and an occassional Saturday. Summer tends to be our off season, because it is so hot around here. We end up on the road bikes for most rides, and who wants to see pics of that?

·
~~~~~~~~
5,923 Posts
really nice quality action shots ELc, a bit too good on those last couple, would have prefered dark and blurry myself. Have a feel we'll be seeing those shots re-used for many occasions...
you guys are shaming me in the photo department!
last day here and we'll try and pull the camera out for some photos of something besides bears.

sorry to hear about the road biking, be careful out there!

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
airwreck said:
sorry to hear about the road biking, be careful out there!
Yeah, it's pretty lame. We had a guy eat a large shat sandwich last week on the road bike. We were cruising down from the Narrows in Zion, and he looked back to check on the group, and drifted off into some gravel. Next thing I know, I see his S-works bouncing down the road, as he went over the bars, and off the embankment. Fortunately he was OK, but I see guys getting hurt much worse on the road than on the dirt. :mad:

·
I railed it like Kong
637 Posts
tscheezy said:
Time to get Mr. Kona up to speed on wheelie drops, eh?
I would love to learn but I have had bad luck when both wheels leave the ground. Anything over a couple feet and i start going sideways. Pathetic....I know.

I was just happy not to slow these guys down too much.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Top Shelf Shooting EC!

"Hey Pull my finger!"

Great stoke as always!:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts