Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an MTB trip planned for Brevard Sept. 30 - Oct 3. I know it's early but I am seeking local knowledge about the trail situation in light of the deluge and flooding. I have an AirBnB that I would need to cancel if you all think the trip is a no-go.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
3,089 Posts
Have you checked the latest pages here?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked the latest pages here?

Yes I did. I saw the message about squirrel gap. From what I can tell, the other previous posts are 20 days old. Looking for some more data for my decision. Thanks!

·
since 4/10/2009
37,121 Posts
the only area that's really a no-go would be the trails around the hatchery and back up the valley. That area seems hardest hit and has the biggest infrastructure damage to repair.

You can ride Squirrel, but you have to use the horse fords instead of the busted bridges. AFAIK, you can ride Laurel and Pilot area, but you can't drive up there because of a landslide on Yellow Gap Rd. (which has been an issue all year, tbh).

·
Registered
678 Posts
The USFS has listed all "official" closures on their website.

As far as I know if its not on this list, its open to hike/bike at least....

I tried to ride my bike on 475B to the bottom by the Hatchery but a Ranger told me I couldnt even though 475B is not on the official road closure list. I told her so and showed her the official list and she still wouldnt let me by.

I called the Ranger station to get clarity and was told I could ride my bike on 475B but not on 475.

Long story short... Even the Rangers dont know what is closed and what is not so go ride but expect to be turned around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.