Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Feeding your addiction
2,645 Posts
Ugly and uber-expensive, sounds like a winning combo ;)

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

· Registered
839 Posts

· No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Descent-World.co.uk said:
Everything in mountain biking has a name attached to it and a certain level of quality. For this you pay a price. With Brembo, the price is perhaps a little more expensive but never have I seen such a well made product in the mountain bike industry...

Even the best [brakes from other companies] are designed with compromise; they have all had their issues... Hoses sometimes a little on the thin side and easily damaged, inconsistency in performance, seizing pistons... Not these, for Brembo know nothing of the word compromise.
:yawn:

Dewd, he bled them without a bleed kit! Now that I have to see. :)

· "El Whatever"
18,874 Posts
.... aaawww... as for me, they can sod off and price them as they want... Anyway, I don't think I would be one of the lucky 500 ones that can get them a year.

Cycling industry must be stuffed with wealthy customers... 800 for a single Brembo brake, 10 grands for an Ellsworth, over a grand for some forks... Dang...

· Registered
3,034 Posts
wayneosdias said:
I still dont get the diff between radial and regular discs?

wayne
the radial mount from what i read is the 'post mount' that manitou has always had. never heard of them being called 'radial' mount. by the way the bremo in that article looks to be 'post/radial mount' but with a non 74mm to 51mm adapter. had to look close to notice that.

· velocipede technician
8,703 Posts
misctwo said:
the radial mount from what i read is the 'post mount' that manitou has always had. never heard of them being called 'radial' mount. by the way the bremo in that article looks to be 'post/radial mount' but with a non 74mm to 51mm adapter. had to look close to notice that.
hot [email protected], your right! the brembo site confirms it.hard to tell from the pics, but there it is.i'll look harder next time;)

· Registered
232 Posts
Radial refers to the master cylinder, where the master cylinder piston engages perpindicular to the handle bar (think new Shimano XTR and Magura Marta systems) rather than parallel (or inline in industry-ese). Makes one heckuva tight, compact, strong, and light master cylinder. The Manitou/Hayes caliper mount system is referred to as Post Mount.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.