Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys,

So after 5 years in the military, 4 years of college, and a couple of years in corporate I'm ready to return to working nights and riding days. (snow and dirt)

I have a cousin up in Vail who's offering up a couch till I find a place, just curious how hard it is to find work and a place to live this time of year? The local online papers up there, craigslist, eagle county site, etc state lots of work, is this accurate? What about places to live?

I'm just done with the city living and ready to start riding the board everyday again, and the dirt all summer, year in and year out.

If anyone has any input or advice I'm all ears.

Ride on, in all fashions.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sgltrak said:
Usually lots of places to work and few places to live.

Check Summit Daily News or start looking in Leadville and down valley from Vail- Eagle, Minturn, Edwards, etc
Thanks, all I have to go off of at the moment is google maps and Leadville seems like a haul to the hill and back? I've been skimin' the craigslist, summit, and vail daily newspapers too. I'm stoked, can't wait to get up there and ride again!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Trails info

FWIW, the trail network in Summit is about 100X bigger than that of Eagle County. With that said, the snowboarding's better in Eagle, but I'd give backcountry acccess in Summit the nod over Vail - it's just so much closer and more accessible.

VERY different communities (I've lived in both). Maybe spend some time in each before deciding?

There's really no bad choice, but in Breck you can be on singletrack in less than 5 minutes from just about wherevere you might live.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reamer, its the mountains you can't go wrong. coming across jobs is not that hard to do once you are here and finding a place is just as easy once you are in town. I moved up to the mountains with no place to live and ended up finding one driving there. Like Mav said Summit and Eagle are VERY different in terms of the people but they are both still better then any city...I work in one and live in the other so if you need any help getting on the ground and running hit me up and I can lend a hand any way possible hit me up. I work for the resort so have some good connections into the resorts for work...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.