Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be there next week and would like to ride 3 or 4 days. What is ok to ride. I assume everything up high will be snow/mud. Looking for some 3+ hours rides?
Really wanted to do segment 6 of the CT or Wheeler over to Copper but they look like a no.

·
Formerly of Kent
13,078 Posts
Had a friend do the 2nd loop of the Breck100 prior to the snowfall last weekend - skipping little french. Still a fair amount of snow/wet conditions at the top near Keystone. I'd wager that'd be good but no f-ing way you're doing Wheeler less you skin/shoe up. Most of the lower stuff is good-ish.

Here's the link for the Breck Trail conditions
Good info. Hoping to get out to Breck soon.

Aside from right after a rain, trails in Colorado Springs are painfully dry. I dream about traction.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I was going to suggest Peaks for a Brek to Frisco ride, but its condition is "Poor".

I'll be in that area all next week, but this year's late snow is kinda killing upper elevation ride plans.

As I type this, I noticed the sidebar ad on this site... "Keystone: grab your buds and come play in the mud". :)

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
Going to be out there this weekend. Is there anything else in Buena Vista besides the Barbara Whipple loops and the stuff outside of Johnson Village?
Vitamin B

Is the CT (Cottonwood Pass Rd to Chalk Creek) dry yet?
I believe I have recently heard tell that the whole stretch of CT from Cottonwood all the way to Hwy 50 is good to go. Call Absolute Bikes in Salida to make sure, though. My only first-hand experience is I skied Shavano several weeks ago, and the snowline was a few hundred feet above the CT in that location at that time. [/figjam]

·
Registered
506 Posts
Going to be out there this weekend. Is there anything else in Buena Vista besides the Barbara Whipple loops and the stuff outside of Johnson Village?

Is the CT (Cottonwood Pass Rd to Chalk Creek) dry yet?
Hit vitamin B for the first time a couple weeks back. If you haven't yet it's not a rowdy downhill as it was sold to me. Very slow tech steep needle threading stuff, reminded me of blackjack at buff creek. Very challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.