Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm visiting the area soon. Meeting up with friends to do Monarch Crest one day but I'm pretty much solo for the remainder of the week. Staying in Fairplay so planning to ride in Breckenridge since it's fairly close. I'm considering doing Breck Epic in the next year or two so thought it would make sense to try and ride a stage or two while I'm there.

Stage 6 - Gold Dust - looks to be the easiest by far, so probably a good one to start with. Any opinions on another one? I'm in good shape and a decent climber, though I know this is different than what I'm used to riding. I live in NW Arkansas. Not flat but not true mountain ranges, either.

I'm open to any other area recommendations. I found a good existing thread (linked below) so I'll go through that in detail. Will be on a Ibis Ripmo, probably. Considering taking my Epic Evo since it climbs so well.

Stages:

Other Breck thread:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm visiting the area soon. Meeting up with friends to do Monarch Crest one day but I'm pretty much solo for the remainder of the week. Staying in Fairplay so planning to ride in Breckenridge since it's fairly close. I'm considering doing Breck Epic in the next year or two so thought it would make sense to try and ride a stage or two while I'm there.

Stage 6 - Gold Dust - looks to be the easiest by far, so probably a good one to start with. Any opinions on another one? I'm in good shape and a decent climber, though I know this is different than what I'm used to riding. I live in NW Arkansas. Not flat but not true mountain ranges, either.

I'm open to any other area recommendations. I found a good existing thread (linked below) so I'll go through that in detail. Will be on a Ibis Ripmo, probably. Considering taking my Epic Evo since it climbs so well.

Stages:

Other Breck thread:
Since you will be in Fairplay you might want to consider Kenosha to Georgia pass (CT seg 6.1 and part 6.2 on trailforks), then come down West Jefferson. Fun trails.

As far as Breck goes, I really like riding Miners, it's a big day though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since you will be in Fairplay you might want to consider Kenosha to Georgia pass (CT seg 6.1 and part 6.2 on trailforks), then come down West Jefferson. Fun trails.

As far as Breck goes, I really like riding Miners, it's a big day though.
Great! Thanks for the tips. I wanted to hit at least part of the CT but honestly didn't know where to start looking considering how long it is. Big help, thank you.

Looking for some easy hikes, too, to take my wife since she doesn't MTB. Crystal Lake, Hoosier Pass Loop, Blue Lakes Trail, Spruce Creek Loop/Lower Mohawk, are all ones that look good and fairly close by.

Also going to do some passes/trails in our Jeep. Mosquito is the only one I have planned for sure. Did several in the Ouray area last year and had a blast. That was more of a Jeep focused trip. I only rode MTB in Ridgway. This time is more for MTB and hiking.

Going to be a busy week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.