Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am pretty darn new to biking. I bought a cheap bike from Target last summer because I didn't want to invest a bunch of money but now I am ready to spend a little bit to get a better bike. I am looking at the "Specialized" Hardrock Sport. Anyone have any feedback on it? I live in the Providence, RI area and have a paved bike path right across the street from my apartment. However, I'd like to start riding on trails at the local state parks. Any suggestions on anything biking related? Any info would help.

Thanks Ladies!

Also, if anyone lives in the area and needs a biking partner, let me know... I'm not that good yet but I'm getting there!

Mallory

·
Don't worry, be happy!
8,141 Posts
if you go to the beginners' forum, there's some really good general advice on bike shopping you may want to take a look at.

welcome to the world of bikes and dirt!!

~Formica

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
welcome to the addicition.

check out nemba.org. not sure how active they are in RI, but they're pretty active here in MA. The nemba forum often posts rides, and they have a list-serve of rides as well..

Ant

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I just realized that Providence isn't that far from Boston. If you ever want to ride in this area, let me know. There are a few nice trails south of Boston that I've been meeting to hit-up.

Ant

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

That'd be sweet Ant... the only thing is, I don't want to slow you down at all. I don't have anyone to ride with so it might take me awhile to get going!! But I'd love to :D

Mallory

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:-d

well maybe we can get together soon and go out. I should be buying my new bike tomorrow and I'd like to get a couple rides in before I go an embarass myself with someone I don't even know! :) Thanks for the pm, I appreciate it...

I can't wait to get rid of my POS from Target... I think I will donate it.... any ideas??

Mallory

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

well maybe we can get together soon and go out. I should be buying my new bike tomorrow and I'd like to get a couple rides in before I go an embarass myself with someone I don't even know! :) Thanks for the pm, I appreciate it...

I can't wait to get rid of my POS from Target... I think I will donate it.... any ideas??

Mallory

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Mallory

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.