Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a brand new Fox Vanilla RC and recieved it in a caca brown box with bubble wrap. Nothing else was inside the box, and I was wondering if manuals came with it or if anything comes with it besides the box. Maybe a sticker or a thank you for paying full price. One more thing I'm weighing in at 235 with and water is a 550 spring good enough for me. They said that Fox themselves adjusted the shock and spring for my weight. Just wondering since its hard to find info on imports from your LBS here in Japan. Shock came from universalcycles......
Thanks in advance :p
PS Chose fox over Progressive on my 2004 bulit, hope I was smart in doing so.....

·
Registered
218 Posts
call fox

Call fox about the spring rate. It sounds a little soft, I ride a 550lb spring and I weigh 190. Just call them and they will let you know. Why did you pass on the 5th are you going to get the vanilla PUSH'ed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was scared..

Living in Japan your isolated from all the diffrent types of brands and parts. So since I was familiar with Fox and loved my last one I thought it would be a good choice. I was hoping this PoPedal version would of fixed any problems (bobbing) that may have come about in the past. The 5th element seemed like the way to go, but all the adjustments blew my mind. I don't race, but try and go downhilling as much as possible and the Fox seemed like a set it and forget type of set-up. Hopefully I'm correct on this decision. I will always wonder about the 5th element. I'm thinking about buying a used one and having it rebuilt so I cannot wonder anymore....
Thanks for the reply....

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I just ordered a brand new Fox Vanilla RC and recieved it in a caca brown box with bubble wrap. Nothing else was inside the box, and I was wondering if manuals came with it or if anything comes with it besides the box. Maybe a sticker or a thank you for paying full price. One more thing I'm weighing in at 235 with and water is a 550 spring good enough for me. They said that Fox themselves adjusted the shock and spring for my weight. Just wondering since its hard to find info on imports from your LBS here in Japan. Shock came from universalcycles......
Thanks in advance :p
PS Chose fox over Progressive on my 2004 bulit, hope I was smart in doing so.....
Maybe I'm missing something here, but how the heck can anyone tell you if the spring rate is correct if you don't mention what bike it's on?

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Blue Shorts said:
Maybe I'm missing something here, but how the heck can anyone tell you if the spring rate is correct if you don't mention what bike it's on?
He said it was for a Bullit
Personally, I would have got the 5th, unless you plan to have your Fox PUSH'd. The manual for your RC can be downloaded from the website here....
05 Fox Shox Manual enjoy. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts