Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
321 - 340 of 508 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh damn you sir, damn you. Haha. I recently ordered a Stumpy FSR 29 EVO from my LBS, because I am loyal to them and they also sell Yeti but I turned down the SB-95 because of rear tire clearance and value per dollar. Even though I loved it. So I chose the Stumpy because it seemed like the best choice, but I wasn't CRAZY about it.

And then a few weeks ago, I learned that Transition does more than just DH/FR stuff (I didn't know), and my shop is a Transition dealer.

And then I discover this bike. And I instantly fell for it just based on what I've been reading.

And then your review, that was what sealed the deal. Especially with the SB95 comparo. I am rushing to LBS today to see if they can cancel my Stumpy order (due in April) and get me a Bandit 29!
I am glad the review helped!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh damn you sir, damn you. Haha. I recently ordered a Stumpy FSR 29 EVO from my LBS, because I am loyal to them and they also sell Yeti but I turned down the SB-95 because of rear tire clearance and value per dollar. Even though I loved it. So I chose the Stumpy because it seemed like the best choice, but I wasn't CRAZY about it.

And then a few weeks ago, I learned that Transition does more than just DH/FR stuff (I didn't know), and my shop is a Transition dealer.

And then I discover this bike. And I instantly fell for it just based on what I've been reading.

And then your review, that was what sealed the deal. Especially with the SB95 comparo. I am rushing to LBS today to see if they can cancel my Stumpy order (due in April) and get me a Bandit 29!
If your LBS can't cancel your Stumpy, don't be despair, the Stumpy is not a slacker and infact its a darn good bike beside Transition.

·
RYD W/ FLO
335 Posts
Well that's good, what you said about the Float. I'm sure I'll be happy with it instead of Talas
I've also heard, from Transition, that their experience with the 34 Talas has been less than ideal (sitcky suspension action) while they are raving about the Float. Plus, the bike is great going up hill and doesn't warrant an adjustable travel fork, IMO. I think you'll be very happy with your forced choice!

Glad to hear you got the order in and are joining the cult!

963 Posts
Anybody else worn out the rear shock DU bushing yet? I have had my frame for 6 weeks and I just had to replace it, think I'm gonna give the Enduro hardware a try

·
Registered
39 Posts
Success! My LBS ordered me a Large complete in Pewter today. Transition doesn't have any Talas forks in stock and I didn't want to risk missing out on a bike if I waited for the Talas, but that's no big deal. And they were out of X9 brakes, so I downgraded to X7.

SO EXCITED !!!! It'll be about a week or so!

LBS is installing an MRP 2X, Specialized Blacklite dropper post, and converting to tubeless. Sweeeeet
Yeah! good for you. you wont regret the Transitioning. And lucky you they don't have a Talas. Talas in my experience does not function that well. It may just jam itself at 1 travel option.

·
rider
2,356 Posts
Anybody else worn out the rear shock DU bushing yet? I have had my frame for 6 weeks and I just had to replace it, think I'm gonna give the Enduro hardware a try
I have found that the RS Monarch shock hardware is compatible with an older Fox shock that I have. Pretty sure it will work w/ the Btwo9 Fox shock. Much better design, not split in the middle & seriously smooth hard ano surface. DU bushings last longer with the RS hardware.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I talked to a pro builder and he said the shock bushings are supposed to last a long time much longer than 6 weeks. how many hours a week on average have you been riding the bike? How did you know the rear suspension du bushing needed to be replaced, what were the symptoms?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Love the bandit 29. Their video really sells it on how playfully it is. And that is exactly what I am looking for.... Sadly there are no transition dealers remotely close to Atlanta.

·
rider
2,356 Posts
Love the bandit 29. Their video really sells it on how playfully it is. And that is exactly what I am looking for.... Sadly there are no transition dealers remotely close to Atlanta.
I think that Transition will sell you a bike direct if you live in an area without a dealer.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
What is a DU bushing? This will be my first FS bike and I suppose I should pay attention to whatever it is you guys are talking about when I get it

321 - 340 of 508 Posts