Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody just recently order/recieve a pair of the I9 goodness in the past couple weeks? If you recieved them, how long did you wait? and what was your build? just curious.

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered the SS hubs laced to Stans 355's in plain old silver. Order was placed around the second week of March.
Expected time was quoted at 4-6 weeks.
Last I heard the spokes were at the andonizer and they were awaiting the arrival of the hubs. Their estimated delivery date was the end of last week.
I'm still waiting.
I've heard that they are backlogged with orders and a realistic wait time is 6-8 weeks.
Should be worth the wait though.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ordered mine at the same time. plain old black. same story.
growing impatient though. have races coming up and all i have are my winter wheels.
ive also gotten a new reason for the delay every time ive contacted them. first, they said they were waiting on drive side rear spokes, and then last week they said they were waiting on rims from stan. like theyve had to wait for six weeks for rims from stan. sure.

anybody know when the mavics will be available?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I think Stan's gets backed up sometimes also. I had to wait about 3-4 weeks for my 355's last November. Not sure if it was the shop or Stan's, but the wheels weren't available from anyone else either.

I'd imagine I9 has been crazy busy building wheelsets and churning stuff out. Popular wheels right now!

BTW, try waiting for something from Boone! Luckily I got my 28T chainring in about a month last November, but from what I've heard recently I won't be getting my bash guard for 2 months or so.

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
3,421 Posts
Supplier problems with mine

You don't want to know how long I waited for mine. They seem to be unwilling to take shortcuts to get the product out faster. Quality first. Interesting concept.:rolleyes: My second set is much quieter than my first. I am pissed though. The road wheels are not available yet. Maybe they need a beta tester?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
seriously, id like to know. i dont have the time to wait. its been 7.5weeks and i really dont feel like racing important races on my training wheels. id rather bag em and order something i know will come through in time.

peter74: how long did yours take?

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
3,421 Posts
I ordered mine in January

rryyddeerr said:
seriously, id like to know. i dont have the time to wait. its been 7.5weeks and i really dont feel like racing important races on my training wheels. id rather bag em and order something i know will come through in time.

just got them 1 1/2 weeks ago. Mikesee can build and quickly deliver a very nice wheel set with DT hubs which in my opinion doesn't take a back seat to the I9s. The I9s are a extremely good product. That fact combined with the release of true mountain bike rims from Stans and I9 being a small company, taken with past experiences with the bike industry kept my expectations regarding delivery times fairly low.

·
Registered
25 Posts
rryyddeerr said:

Total wait was 8 weeks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine took 16 weeks

I ordered a set of SS 29ers, hubs and spokes to be color matched to the bronze color on a Salsa LE El Marachie. Industry nine told the LBS it would be 6 weeks. After 6 weeks passed every update was "spokes are at the andonizer, then assembly - about another week" I heard that about 10 times. I understand they are swamped and custom stuff takes a while, but a little honesty with the updates would have been nice. When they did arrive the color was off, way off. They are nice wheels but I'd never go that route again.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I just got a set mid march. silver with red spokes on stan arch's. wait time was about 6-8 weeks. Worth the wait.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've got three sets! BELIEVE me they are worth the wait!!! I had king hubs on every bike I own for over five years, I 9 are better! Also got a great tour of the factory at Christmas time, everything is made "in house". It was an awesome site!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Here are mine after my second ride, unfortunately I snapped a spoke right at the thread and bent another pretty badly, but they stayed true enough to finnish the ride.
I had to wait nearly 8 weeks to receive mine, although they said it would take 4. Again as others have said, there were some problems with getting the spokes coloured. It didn't matter too much at the time as I was waiting for other parts of my bike to arrive.
What matters now, is how they ride, which is great. These are my first set of 29er wheels, so I have nothing to compare them to, but I couldn't be happier, they roll smooth, engage fast and I'm really keen on the sound they make freewheeling (although this is begining to fade as the wheels wear in).

So, despite the broken spoke, I would recomend these, after all everyone brakes a spoke every now and then don't they.

Sorry the pics aren't great, I'd blame the camera, but I'd be lying. Broken spoke can be best seen in second pic.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 59 Posts