Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had some difficulties with the previous fox fork (Lowers out of tolerance with bushings) is it was sent off for repair, in the mean time picked up a new 80RLT and just noticed a diviot in the one of the stanchions. Keep in mind the fork has never been used and is just out of box. I need to get this bike up and running for an upcomming trip and know that the first one will take several weeks to return and this one is most likely going to have to be sent back in. Could one ride a fork with a dammaged stanchion with out dammaging the fork further? What is everyone elses experience with Fox and turn around time?:madman:

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Out of box damage

crux said:
Keep in mind the fork has never been used and is just out of box. I need to get this bike up and running for an upcomming trip and know that the first one will take several weeks to return and this one is most likely going to have to be sent back in.
If the fork is damaged right out of the box, why aren't you just returning it to the vendor who sold it to you? Seems like the logical thing to do.

Bob

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Photos of damage

Some photos of the area. Pics don't quite show it very well but give you some idea.

Fox turn around time is about two weeks and have a back country trip planned on July 16. Don't think that Fox really cares about getting the bike back up and running in time as the original 80RLT is in for repair and this one was purchased as a replacement. Hope that they don't leave me hanging on this.

Attachments

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Camera is an old Olympus 4MP point and shoot type. Photos were taken on a tripod using the remote as not to blur the pic.

Fox told me to run the fork and they will take care of the problem later in the season when I have the other fork back on it so at least I have some thing to ride. They were really cool about the whole thing over the phone and put my mind to ease a bit.

Last night I cut the steer tube and installed to fork (As fox indicated that it won't be an issue late now that they have up front evidence) and put the bike back togther. It was such a wonderful sight having a bike in one piece vs all torn apart for nearly a month. Could not wait and went out for a quick ride, perhaps a bit to quick. Started riding around and cycling the fork a bit when I discovered how important it is to tighten the stem bolts. Went back and made an adjustment and out for short ride before the rain hit. Will post up after the fork is repaired to let you know how Fox's customer service rates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.