Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
My only guess is a bad crush washer interface at the bolt. I have a Van 36RC2, and it uses crush washers on the bottom of both legs. I'm sure the R is the same. There's not much else there to leak. You can try to just retorque that bolt, but don't nuts on the pressure. The crush washers are cheap, but I'll bet not a lot of shops keep them in stock. You might even remove the crush washer and daub it with a quality gasket sealer or such, but I'd just rather get a new crush washer. Order some or get your shop to order them from Fox and just wipe off the drool until they arrive. Oh...if you pull that bolt out, you'll lose oil unless you have the fork upside down. That's all I can think of. Maybe someone else has seen a different problem causing this.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
TNC said:
My only guess is a bad crush washer interface at the bolt. I have a Van 36RC2, and it uses crush washers on the bottom of both legs. I'm sure the R is the same. There's not much else there to leak. You can try to just retorque that bolt, but don't nuts on the pressure. The crush washers are cheap, but I'll bet not a lot of shops keep them in stock. You might even remove the crush washer and daub it with a quality gasket sealer or such, but I'd just rather get a new crush washer. Order some or get your shop to order them from Fox and just wipe off the drool until they arrive. Oh...if you pull that bolt out, you'll lose oil unless you have the fork upside down. That's all I can think of. Maybe someone else has seen a different problem causing this.
That's what I was going to suggest. I don't think there's much else that can go wrong down there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.