Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the correct terminology. If I am laying hard on my rear Hope Mono M4 160mm rear my lever loses travel, engages sooner. Havn't noticed it on the front but it has a 180mm rotor if that matters. I installed the brakes a couple of months ago and have bled them since making sure the level was slightly below the MC top. When I ran a Hayes mechanical 160 rear I overheated it regularly. I am probably pushing the Hope but it has never faded just gets the annoying lever action. Could there be some rotor / pad expansion ? or ? Thanx

· Registered
9,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dogonfr said:
That is ars backward, normal heating as you know fades although brake fluid does expand under heat. Are you using the 5.1 fluid :confused: Have you tryed a 7in rotor :confused:
( How's the rib's & the boy's shoulder ? )

Using DOT 4 - Hope recomended. 6" max rotor on the rear of my 01' Bullit. May try a re-bleed, definitly not overfilled. Its an odd feeling to gain lever when going really hard on the brakes.

· ride hard take risks
25,256 Posts
keen said:
( How's the rib's & the boy's shoulder ? )

Using DOT 4 - Hope recomended. 6" max rotor on the rear of my 01' Bullit. May try a re-bleed, definitly not overfilled. Its an odd feeling to gain lever when going really hard on the brakes.
Ribs are living, can almost sneeze, the kid is complaining like a baby, think he bruised the colarbone.

You can always get rid of the back brake. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.