Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Arnborg strik
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And i must admit, that they are very nice;)
Got them vith the new Ventidisc rotors 180mm f+r
But man they are heavy (the rotors) But they feel VERY solid
i think they can take a lot of beating.
Another thing i really like is that the lever return are very snappy,compared
to the "old" Magura.

Now im just waiting for the frame,which should be here shortly:D

Attachments

·
Arnborg strik
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More pictures

And sorry for the bad quality.
I really need a new camera.

Attachments

·
Arnborg strik
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

crisillo said:
Wow.. those look awesome..

That Ciclon is gonna be a B-L-I-N-G-Y ride! :thumbsup:
Im doing my best;)
There should be pictures within a week.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Interesting. Hope 2pc rotors are actually lighter than standard. Looks like Magura went the other way. Supposedly the fans add additional performance due to the increased heat shedding ability. Post up once you get them bedded in, I am curious to see if riders can notice the improvement :thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sweet

Hope they work out well for you. I ordered mine last week to go on my new El Cap. Decided not to go with the venti's however.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
Louise are incredible brakes....I can only imagine the 07s being even better. Ironically, cause I am a fashion whore, my new bike was ordered with the Ventis but the rotors are not a red so they did not look good at all against the red hubs so I went with my current favorite brand instead and changed the order.

They should work incredible though.

congrats

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Hey Thomas awesome dude I put those on my spot 180fr/160r compared to my older FRs I definitely feel a weight loss so:confused:

They rotors are heavier than the older standard or older rotor but not by much but the perfomance and feel is impressive over the standard ones and they are good.

For those unsure of color or performance Magura do still offer a standard rotor so youre not stuck with a Venti rotor if you don't want one, Magura has the options you choose:thumbsup:

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
trailadvent said:
Hey Thomas awesome dude I put those on my spot 180fr/160r compared to my older FRs I definitely feel a weight loss so:confused:

They rotors are heavier than the older standard or older rotor but not by much but the perfomance and feel is impressive over the standard ones and they are good.

For those unsure of color or performance Magura do still offer a standard rotor so youre not stuck with a Venti rotor if you don't want one, Magura has the options you choose:thumbsup:
that is a surprisingly heavy weight indeed....who cares, weight savings are for wussies, right TA? In fact, bikes under 35 lbs should be reserved for lycra-clad roadies!

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
that is a surprisingly heavy weight indeed....who cares, weight savings are for wussies, right TA? In fact, bikes under 35 lbs should be reserved for lycra-clad roadies!
Darn straight FO waste of the RFX if under 35lbs:D mind you if its yr only ride fair enough (except for Lycra and youre a chick, although hawt chicks in baggies is HAWT, but I still think ya need 2 wheel sets and a chain guide and a gravity retarder so then ya might as well be 35lbs and be done with it.

Im gonna follow Cheese's lead here and even put a CG on my spot when I can get that darn black spire stinger, I was slow on the uptake on the cg:confused::madman::nono:;)

Those darn lycra roadies arghh ps don't tell anyone i used to wear that suff and shave my legs scary I know, I have been assimilated:D go big or go home;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts