Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Brake Therapy Floating Disk. Does anyone know if the part that pivots around the hub axle that the brake caliper bolts to is the same across models, and if it is only the arm thats different? I'm wondering if I can buy (for example) a floating unit for a Super 8, and then mount it on my Scott High octane and fabricate the arm myself since its just an aluminum rod.

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
Oddblob said:
Re: Brake Therapy Floating Disk. Does anyone know if the part that pivots around the hub axle that the brake caliper bolts to is the same across models, and if it is only the arm thats different? I'm wondering if I can buy (for example) a floating unit for a Super 8, and then mount it on my Scott High octane and fabricate the arm myself since its just an aluminum rod.
Best bet is to contact Brain @ Therapy components. The Floater uses a hub specific bearing, so unless you have the same hub and spacing you are out of luck.

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
I'd second the suggestion to contact Brian.

The caliper arm is different depending on brake model, rotor size, hub, etc.

There is more to it than just a random clamp location and a random rod length, the geometry of the arrangement affects how the floating brake performs.

He is usually interested in designing floating brakes for other frames, contact him for details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.