Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to buy some BB7s and put a 185mm rotor on the front.
When I purchase the brakes will it come with the necessary adapters for my fork?
I have a Rockshox Tora SL that came on my Rockhopper Expert.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Are you buying the brakes with the 185mm rotors as a set? If so then it should have the adapter you need in there. If you're buying the rotor separately then you'll need to buy the adapter separately. I believe your Tora has IS mounts so you'll need the IS adapters for 185 front rotors.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
IS = International Standard and is a flange with bolt holes running parallel to the axle, like the rear brake mount.

The other type of mount is Post Mount, in which the threaded bolt holes run perpendicular to the axle.

BB7s are post mount and use an adapter to attach to IS mounts. There are different adapters depending on what size rotor is used and if it's the front or rear.

If the set comes with the 185mm rotor then the correct adapter should be included.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so in your original post you just meant I'll need the IS adapter which should be included in the package.
Just want to make sure I cover everything before I purchase to help minimize downtime.

Brakes (front & rear incl. caliper, pads, and rotor), levers, cables/housings.
That should be it, right? If not, what else is there I need for the install?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
cdeftekar said:
Ok, so in your original post you just meant I'll need the IS adapter which should be included in the package.
Yes

cdeftekar said:
Brakes (front & rear incl. caliper, pads, and rotor), levers, cables/housings.
That should be it, right? If not, what else is there I need for the install?
Sounds like that should be it to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts