Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering larger rotors for my 575 and need to know what size fits and also the adaptor that I need to buy. I have a Float 36 fork with Shimano XT brakes. I am thinking about at least 180mm rotors. Finding the right adapter is driving me nuts.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I was thinking. I really need to know about the adaptor. I am confused about the 51mm/74mm measurements. I believe that the mount is international standard

·
Registered
2,431 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe this is IS

And this is Post mount

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
you are correct Mai!

the fork is postmount/74mm (so you need a postmount-postmount adapter there), and the frame is IS/51mm (so you need a IS-postmount adapter)

unless you are having overheating issues, I'd recommend to go mostly with the front rotor upgrade. In the rear, a smaller rotor usually gets the job done. Actually now I am downgrading the rear rotor from 180mm to 160mm on my Terremoto, because I don't really need it and saves some weight :p (I still run a 203mm in the front though :) )

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks crisillo
Sounds like a good idea just to upgrade the front

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.