Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so i just upgrade my fork to a 66rc2x i got a new hub and all because y old one was crap. when i mounted the brake on the fork i noticed it was rubbing the metal on the inside of the caliper (side closest to the rim). No amount of adjusting the pads will work. So can i simply add washers to the allen bolts the mount the caliper? If i can there is still hte problem of the allen bolt becoming too short. Or is there any spacer dealio i can put between the hub and the rotor? any help is appreciated. thanks!

EDIT or do i need one of these? My old fork was a bolt on axle. Alsi i have hayes sole disc brakes with 8inch rotors

http://pricepoint.com/detail/13079-.../Disc/Hayes-Disc-Brake-Adapter-20mm-Forks.htm

hab1b

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
It usually works better if you space the rotor farther from the hub. If you need to go the other direction space the adapter as needed. Just make sure you use the same size spacers(digital calipers work well)
Did you already loosen the bolts on the caliper and re-center the caliper?

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea did all that. my rotor was warped a bit so i just trued it and threw one locking washer on each allen bolt on to mount the caliper. its all good now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.