Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this was asked not to long ago but my question is somewhat different. after taking my wheels of my bike to change a tube or cleaning etc, i always loose brake pressure. the brake lever comes very close to my grips when riding. i have hayes hfx9 hd's r these known for loosing pressure or should i just change the fluid?

·
I liked the old *****
218 Posts
It'll happen when you flip it upside down for a while, but levers return to normal after a bit. I never noticed on my other bike (same Mag brakes), so it may have something to do with how much fluid is in there - not sure. I re-bled a few rides ago, but haven't had a need to flip the bike over to see if it still happens.

·
Registered
313 Posts
austinb89 said:
i know this was asked not to long ago but my question is somewhat different. after taking my wheels of my bike to change a tube or cleaning etc, i always loose brake pressure. the brake lever comes very close to my grips when riding. i have hayes hfx9 hd's r these known for loosing pressure or should i just change the fluid?
the same thing happens with my xt's, but it always returns to normal after i pump the levers several times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.