Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have a local source that can help me with EVERY nut and bolt I need. GREAT! :)

I have to source a pair of M6 brake posts for my Mega Air fork through the U.S. No big deal. :)

This leaves me with only 2 (!!!) piece's that I CAN'T find. :mad: My NRS uses M10 threads for the rear brake posts (why?!?!?!??!). I can find M6 and M8 noooooo problem, but nothing in M10.

Anyone seen these around? I don't care if they're ti or al.

PATIA!

(Why do I have a baaaad feeling about needing to make something here? :( )

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eurorider said:
M10 is the common size on a frame ...try jimvaughn101 (at) hotmail.com ...he's a member here (tmaybee) and can help you out ...good prices too.
Yeah, he came up in a Search here, but it seem's as though he dropped off the face of the Earth early this year. :confused: I sent him an e-mail anyways.

Thanks! :)

(twiddles thumbs waiting) :D

·
Registered
891 Posts
eurorider said:
just make sure they're the right size ...M10 can have a pitch (distance between each thread) of 1, 1.25 or 1.5
As far as I know, brake 10mm linear brake studs are all the same.

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
FRM made soem light ones...

but I don't know if they still do. Contact Notubes.com for info.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm, interesting. I never thought about the different thread pitch. I just assumed they'd all be the same (M10 - standard amongst manufacturers). I guess i'll just have to take my chances. Thanks for speaking up Eurorider! I'll be sure to double-check the pitch before I start screwing. :D

Fisty - you have a P.M. Okay, you're about to get a P.M. Bah, you know what I mean! ;)

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!! My resolution is to get the NRS down to 22.something pounds this year. ;) Looks like a piece of cake so far. Albeit an expensive one! :p :D :( ;) :) :cool:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eurorider said:
M10 is the common size on a frame ...try jimvaughn101 (at) hotmail.com ...he's a member here (tmaybee) and can help you out ...good prices too.
(stands and applauds) No ******* way!!!!!!!!! He's in TO, too!!!!!! Thank you VERY much kind sir!! I gotta pay tax, but this means i'll have them NOW! Ah, impatience IS a virtue. ;) WOOHOO!!!!!

Oh, just for reference, in case anyone out there needs to know, my NRS has M10 x 1.0 brake studs on the rear. Hopefully Giant didn't change this through the years.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I got to thinkin and my thought was that Giant is the only one who has a different type post on their frames. Ide check to be sure i could be wrong.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tmaybee said:
Thanks for the plug guys.

Andrew, I hope you like the studs.

All the best to everyone in the new year!

Cheers,
Trevor
I love 'em!!!!! THANKS again Trevor! (and of course eurorider, too)

Start dusting off your bike NOW! Call it motivational. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.