Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently upgraded my break pads after riding in some proper shity conditions messing my brakes arround. I upgraded coz the pads wernt griping at all. But with the new ones they grip and slow me down and close up tight to the disc with just a little squeeze. But it wont let me skid, or stop fast?
Has anyone got any idea why?
:confused:

·
I think we should go back
583 Posts
Are you riding in wet conditions? Just today I biffed becuz I was ridin in realy thick snow and went to do the front brake because I was going to do a small endo when Riding in to the garage and I had almost no braking power and hit my bros bike.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
tony312 said:
Ive recently upgraded my break pads after riding in some proper shity conditions messing my brakes arround. I upgraded coz the pads wernt griping at all. But with the new ones they grip and slow me down and close up tight to the disc with just a little squeeze. But it wont let me skid, or stop fast?
Has anyone got any idea why?
:confused:
In addition to needing to bed in, if you changed pad compound you may need to clean the old pad residue off of the rotors for best performance. 800 grit emery paper and lots of water works best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.