Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do the pads last on the bb5s &bb7s? I want to upgrade to discs, but I don't want to spend a lot maintaning them.

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InvictaS1 said:
it really depends a lot on your riding style and the conditions you ride in. i'd say pads might last up to a year or so under normal xc use.
That means I can get discs! Or once I pay off the person I owe money to... Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there!

I know pad wear depends much on various conditions, but excluding tht fact I still got the impression that on some brakes brake pads last much longer (or shorter) than one other ones. Might that be true?

Another thing is, I just don't understand why BB5 uses different brake pads than all the rest of Avid's disc brakes (Juicy5/7, BB7) - can anyone tell if there is a difference, maybe in lifetime? (BB5 brake pads seem to be a bit smaller than BB7 ones)

I'm just not looking forward at all to ending up changing disc brake pads (which cost quite a bit more) more often than those for my old V-brakes, and therefore making some people rich (or even more rich^^)

I'd really like trying BB5 disc brake if I could know for sure that brake pads would last at least a bit longer than with my V-brakes (where I changed them after about 3,000km with no heavy use; I'm rather lightweight and do many km on the road, some CC-ing but few mountains around here, but bad weather isn't unusual)

What do you think, would that work for me?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.