Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my '61 Schwinn American has pretty much been converted to moto-cruiser. I had post mounts and cable guides brazed on (some days, regrettably. But i digress...)

I'm using Shimano 4-finger BL-M732 levers and need a good pair of cool cantis for it. V's don't cut it and my Onzas fragmented and that was that. *surprise*

what'd y'all recommend to make it Repacktastic? :D

// rear hub is staying freewheel for the time being.

here in various configs:

Attachments

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ScottyMTB said:
Love to see some more pics of that baby.
here's an (in)famous one at a SoCal cruiser get-together. We had a drag race from point A to point B. Mid-sprint my chain broke and I went OTB. Good times.

// the mullet wig was unscathed.

Before & After paint

Attachments

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
Good to see you're still around.

Those are something like Deerhead/Stag era Shimano. First gen XT so to speak.

BR-MC70 is the model number. 1983-85.

If you want something anodized in a color, you might search for some Avid Tri-Aligns.

·
Old School
1,039 Posts
Great cruiser. I've been wanting to add canti studs to a cruiser frame for awhile (I can't explain why). And the orange metal flake looks great. Nice job.

Sorry -- I can't help you with the brakes except to add this -- the black with the orange looks hot. :thumbsup:

Cheers~
Joe

·
Registered
243 Posts
esilvassy said:
dang!
I am an addict now I have a desire to build up a cruiser....:eekster:

like my friend says a bike addiction is better than a crack addiction :thumbsup:
did someone say cruiser?

It's not a MTB but if any of you raced BMX back in the day, you can appreciate this beauty! :thumbsup:

·
Crawfishy
78 Posts
Love the paint job!

Here is a pick of my '71 that was pulled out of the trash by a friend. I currently have wee-rider seat on it so my 3 yr. old can ride with me and see everything. I want to strip it down and have the welds checked and repainted in the future. How well does that fork hold up?
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle fork Bicycle accessory

·
34N 118W
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Crawfishy said:
How well does that fork hold up?
thanks y'all. The fork is 80s vintage I believe - already had posts on it, nothing special. So far so good.

Rumpfy: of course I'm still around. :) Hangin' more on RBR lately with the Fixie/Commuter crowd. Thanks for the tip, there's some green Avids on ebay. Meh, I'll keep looking for some black ones.

Benwitt: Homie!! my god, I'm not sure if my psyche is ready for a return so soon. Let me check with my therapist :thumbsup: Pauls might be overkill on this bike, no?

Motocross Action!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.