Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i installed a SRAM Rocket Gripshifter for my front derailleur, opting to keep my trigger for the rear. i quickly ran into a snag of not being able to put my brakelever within reach of my grip on the left side... but if i ran it symmetrically it'd be weird on the right side, with the brake lever a good inch from the right hand grip. so, my dilemma is, is it weird to run brake levers at different distances from each bar end?

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
Like having one oar in the water...

You gonna go round and round in circles;)

Twist shifters on both sides are actually very nice. To tell ya the truth, I get all confoozed and run into trees n'stuff when I get on a friends bike that has triggers...them things are too complicated for me:madman:!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yes, it is very weird to have your levers at different distances from the bar ends. Short term effects include ridicule and derision. Long term effects are a misalingment of the shoulders and spine requiring corrective surgery.

You should discontinue this practice immediately.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Just move your right lever to the same distance from the end of the bar as your left shifter. I run the twist/trigger set up and did not have a problem.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.